What's new

Introducing..... the Badger & Blade Essential - Prototype.....

full

full

full

B&B 2006 by EJ, Next to the B&B Essential (size comparo) - Notice the lightbulb shape of the Essential and the MUCH tighter head...
full

The MUCH denser, more compact essential on the right....
full

Dreary Simpson PJ2... eat your heart out.....
full

Ohhh, look at that... the B&B is DENSER than the PJ2 Super :eek:
full

Look at all that lovely badger hair..... ZERO "flop" in the Essential. The elongated glue channel promises NO possibility of floppiness. The PJ2 you can squeeze/compact more, which means it is more apt to "flop" or bend against your face...
full

Here comes the PJ2 VS B&B Essential "Flop Test"
Pushing against the PJ2, this is what you get....
full

Do the same with the B&B Essential, and look what happens... The deeper set knot, coupled with the elongated glue channel and a dense knot provide a VERY sturdy knot of badger. This brush is the anti-flop. Note: it is still very soft against ones face, due to the incredibly soft, totally untreated/colored hair...
full

mmm mmm badger goodness...
full

She's quite the looker....
full

Talk about a sexy brush, eh?
full

I'll put this thing through a battery of tests, lather everything that can lather, then pending it jumps through the hoops - will get back to you with estimated release dates, rough pricing, etc.

NOTE: This brush, being the proto, has NO labeling, however the final version WILL have B&B labeling/the badger head, in a neat/tasteful manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an awesome brush. Great work Joel I cant wait for it to come out. Please let us know as your "testing" the brush, (ie. hording it all to yourself) Im sure its going to pass with flying colors.

The handle looks really nice, and is quite distinct (in a good way) from other brushes on the market. And the badger itself... WOW, that looks amazing. Incredibly dense and "firm". Like so many others here, this is going to be a "must-have" for me - looks like it will offer fantastic performance at an excellent price.

Eagerly looking forward to your "testing" reports...

The cool thing is (which I'll have to take some good pics of) depending on the light conditions, time of day, and where the brush is, and the angle of viewing, it glows/shimmers light. When the manufacturer first sent us pics of the finalized proto, I wasn't terribly impressed... the second I saw it in person - I was ecstatic. It's really something you've got to see to appreciate. I'll send it to John (the Photo Expert) and see what he can come up with :thumbup:

The neat thing about this design, is that it can be held really comfortably in 4-5 different grips.

Excellent work. Just need to work out how to sneak one into the house without the wife seeing it!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom