What's new

Introducing..... the Badger & Blade Essential - Prototype.....

Thanks for the update Joel!

Waiting is good thing in my opinion. Without this would just be a brush, but the hours of coveting it make it so much more.

That said, I can't wait to get mine!

The Labeling/Logo plate we made was finally completed (which is what had been holding up the show) and is en route to the manufacturer. The handles have all been hand turned, and the knots hand tied, so once the plate gets to them - all they'll have to do is label 'em, and ship 'em and we'll be in BBE land! :lol:

Our ETA on when we will have the first 50 full production "demo" brushes for mods/contributors in hand and ready to ship is mid Feb. Pending they are well received by the 50 testers, we'll have quick/easy access to another 50 or so brushes stateside to calm the masses while we would get a head count of all those that want 'em (after the testing period - and the 50 users feedback had been unbiasedly posted) , and place and order for all that want a BBE!

We apologize for the delay, however we'd rather take our time and do it once and do it right - than rush things and have an inferior product created. This labeling should be very nice, unobtrusive and promote the overall clean lines of the handle.

Again, sorry for the delay - and we know it sucks to wait - but, we'd rather keep you fellas in the loop, have you all know the stages/processes and have you guys PART of this process with us, than keep you all in the dark and just one day pop up with a ready to "ship" item, which we don't think would be as fun, or helpful. We appreciate/love your opinions!

Excellent! :thumbup1: Thank you for all the hard work, and putting up with the noise err... BS!

+3
sometimes I can't believe I've been coming here for over a year now, but it's projects and communication like this that remind me why it's so easy and fun to visit every day

You know, I just realized I might not ahve put in for this one, but it sounds like it will be available....if not, Joel, please add me to the list:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks to each and everyone who had a hand in developing 'our' brush.

Knowing I'll be able to buy one soon, may keep my RAD in check. I haven't bought a razor since Monday!

:biggrin:

Heck, why get worked up? Just the anticipation is fun! Considering the time put into this project, the forecasted price seems remarkably low. I'll take one, reviewed or not. Send it with the razor. :001_smile

so do I

Designing a good brush takes time. Just like any good product a lot of effort has to go in it. So it might still be some time before we get to see the final result of the B&B-brush. The guys who are designing it have been given a task with increasing expectations, as everybody seems to be waiting for it to go into production.

I don't know what you think about it, but I think it is worth walking the extra mile (read: wait a bit longer) if the final result will be so much better. I have no doubt that al those people are working hard (some probably in their spare time), so maybe we ought to give them a little break now and then instead of constantly hammering on the question when it is going to come out.

For you, designers and tester, keep up the good work. We are all behind you. (but you've certainly managed to get me excited :biggrin:)

Gents, I am posting my SOTD picture here.

B&B razor
B&B Essential proto-brush
DR Harris Lavender shave soap
SCS Nutriments gel
Crown Park Royal EDT

full

My initial test for this brush was with shave soap. The brush holds water really well. It lathered well although I found the head too big for my tastes. I prefer a smaller brush with denser bristles such as the Simpsons Chubby 1. Nevertheless, the brush produced copious amounts of lather. The bristles were soft on my face. No scrubbing here with this brush. Holding the brush was not a chore. I found a very comfortable grip. Ergonomics pass in my book. :thumbup1:

Next up is shave cream.

If I may ask where did you get the razor and are they still available? I really like the look of that nice and classic style. I wouldn't mind getting one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may ask where did you get the razor and are they still available? I really like the look of that nice and classic style. I wouldn't mind getting one of those.
The razor is the 2006 B&B limited edition razor, the moderator version (gold). I don't know what the B&B Essential razor will look like (or if it will be made, I'm not sure if that's completely finalised). But you can buy a razor like the 2006 one, but without the B&B markings, from Edwin Jagger/The English Shaving Company, it's the Georgian razor you want, which is available in faux ebony, faux ivory and faux horn. Both chrome and gold heads are available.

The razor is the 2006 B&B limited edition razor, the moderator version (gold). I don't know what the B&B Essential razor will look like (or if it will be made, I'm not sure if that's completely finalised). But you can buy a razor like the 2006 one, but without the B&B markings, from Edwin Jagger/The English Shaving Company, it's the Georgian razor you want, which is available in faux ebony, faux ivory and faux horn. Both chrome and gold heads are available.

Awesome man, thanks for the info. I will probably wait to see if a B&b razor does come out though, by the looks of that brush it will be really nice. I want one of those too. HaHa. I can tell this is going to be an obsession. With this, cigars and trying to get into wine I am going to be broke.

Top Bottom