What's new

Introducing..... the Badger & Blade Essential - Prototype.....

Awesome man, thanks for the info. I will probably wait to see if a B&b razor does come out though, by the looks of that brush it will be really nice. I want one of those too. HaHa. I can tell this is going to be an obsession. With this, cigars and trying to get into wine I am going to be broke.

Unless you are married like I am. Then you are already broke. :lol:

*sigh* I keep watching every few weeks to see the progress on this...I can't wait. After about 2 years of DE shaving this will be my first serious brush.

I've followed this thread a little, and the brush looks really cool. Has it come out yet? If so, where is it available. If not, when will it be coming out?

Thanks!

Hang tight everyone. We've been in constant contact with the manufacturer, and things are progressing. There were some concerns with the printing (I believe due to the intricacy involved with shrinking the badger head down so much), but the kinks seem to be worked out, and we should be very close to receiving the first batch.

-Nick

I used to sell printing for a living, it is a pain to shrink logos with fine detail. did you have to do another version with reduced detail or did you get the process worked out enough just to keep the one on the website?

Thanks for the update btw, its good to here exactly what point we are at :001_smile

I decided to stave off my overwhelming impatience and bought a cheap substitute that I'm sure isn't close to par with this essential. A $15 Tweezerman pure badger made by Henckels. But it's worlds softer than the pure bristle scraper I started with and satisfies me enough that I'll probably just check back here in a month after the dust settles and get the Essential then.

This brush looks interesting - any thought given to some options on the "working end" of the brush. Perhaps a couple knot sizes and badger options? I understand price is always a factor, however, there will be some who would purchase a higher-end badger if given the option.

Best ... Steve

Is it just me or are there a lot of firefighters joining lately? I'm still working with my first as well -- my trusty TAOS pure badger brush. Holding out for the essential....

This brush looks pretty damned amazing. I was debating on getting the C&E brush, but now I want to wait for this little bugger.

Will the production brush have the translucent handle or a solid colour?

First batch of 50 are in route to us as I type - so we should have them in hand within a week. :biggrin:

First batch of 50 are in route to us as I type - so we should have them in hand within a week. :biggrin:

super news Joel. thanks again for your efforts, and the efforts of those involved in the project.

I'll certainly be jealous of the gents who get one of the first 50!

Thanks Joel. I really appreciate the work you and the others do.

Any hopes for a faux ivory handle in future iterations?

I'm going to take a stab at what I'd guess Joel would say, since it's what I'm thinking: Let's see how this one model works before worrying about different knot sizes and hair grades and handle materials and all that.

Joel, feel free to correct me if I'm off. :smile:

That is so cool! Is there a waiting list? Are the first 50 already spoken for? Will you post to this thread when they are available for purchase?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!111

Top Bottom