What's new

How many razors do you own?

It's funny how people react to different things.... and from opposite ends of the spectrum. I got a bit of a ribbing for enjoying one razor for my first 5+ months here. I guess I was a bit too enthusiastic for a newbie. Others get criticized for owning too many ___ or for spending so much for this or that razor, brush, you name it.

I took a few comments personally, though I doubt they were intended to cause any harm. I think I've toughed up a bit since then. I was a bit surprised I took the criticism to heart. I've been in AOL and now Wireclub chat rooms for years. I get outright insults there and they are like water off a duck's back. I think I was caught off guard.... This community tends to be caring and supportive overall: much like the photograph forums site I frequent: POTN (Photography on the Net).
It's all about the people who are on the forum. I believe we have some stadards of behaviour here. Like you I have noticed on numerous other forums (not only shaving ones) some users that have been on those forums for 10 or more years will behave outright bad.
On most Linux forums even today they are somewhat blunt and even slightly hostile in certain situations. And it was much worse 10-15 years ago.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That hasn't happened to me. I haven't been here 5 months though. :D
I was too enthusiastic about the Claymore Evolution for some people... esp. as a newbie. You haven't been trumpeting your razor choice as I was. I didn't mean it to come across that way, but it did. My bad, not B&B's. I should have tempered my posts a bit. Live and learn.

I have mentioned this before but I know I was looking for other Claymore users to chime in.... confirmation bias. It really did help me to read the responses from a few other very experienced wet shavers who also enjoyed the Claymore Evo.

Rockwell 6S
Rex Ambassasdor
Muhle R41
RR GC .84
Merkur 34 (gold)

5 in all. The RR GC .84 is by far my favorite and most used razor. I have no need to purchase any other.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 / Feather
YWR2-2.jpg

Some more photos and admiration in this thread: Yaqi Wolfma WR2 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/yaqi-wolfma-wr2.627976/post-11893837

Is it mild or aggressive? It's rather mild but can bite.

My "rotation" is also every razor I have, and I shave with one, then put it to the left of the stack, not to see it again until every other razor has been used. Then I started playing favorites and I might use the same SR 3 days in a row, or chose one I used two days ago though I own more than 3.

So I wonder, is your rotation of the type where you use one, and tuck it away, thinking "I'll see you in a year, babe.?" That would take some restraint that I certainly do not have.
Thanks for asking. I do a little like you too. I may use a straiht a couple times in a row because i havent seen it in zo long. Then the new DE or SE comes into the fold. I need to use it 2 or 3 times comparing it against another razor so two get used at the same time. I try not to use 3 at a time as its hard to compare then.

So it can be 2 or 2.5 years before i get to that razor hiding in be back of the cabinet.

Its fun when i go to the spreadsheet and find the next in line and dont remember it until i oull it out.

I remember, like my father and his father before him, I had, A Razor, A 5-10 pack of blades, A Brush, A Mug, A soap or a can of foam, A bottle of Old Spice and we all managed to shave for years with just those things. We now live in clown world. I blame, um, someone else for now having multiples of each item where one of each used to be plenty.

Last edited:
It's all about the people who are on the forum. I believe we have some stadards of behaviour here. Like you I have noticed on numerous other forums (not only shaving ones) some users that have been on those forums for 10 or more years will behave outright bad.
On most Linux forums even today they are somewhat blunt and even slightly hostile in certain situations. And it was much worse 10-15 years ago.
Not to derail the thread--

Agreed. I've been on firearms forums, saltwater aquaria forums, gardening, carpentry forums and others. Invariably folks get enthusiastic" or "passionate," both euphemisms for rude, obnoxious, belligerent to downright rude or berating.

I don't see that here--ever. The moderators are so on point, leading by example. @luvmysuper, for example has a great attitude, is courteous and has a sense of humor, yet isn't afraid to show some tooth if necessary. Of course, he's the one getting out of hand because everyone here is so, what's the word? Yeah--gentlemanly. :)

2 fat handled techs
1 ball end tech
Red tip superspeed
40s superspeed
Blackland Era (waiting for my level 3 plate)

To be sold: Karve overlander

After trying the Blackland and overlander, I think I have satisfied my curiosity with modern razors. I like my vintage cheapos.

First razor was a EJ DE89. Second was a Rockwell 6S which I have since sold. Third was a vintage Gillette Slim which I still have but don’t use a lot. Last acquisition was a brass Karve CB which I love and feel no need to replace.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm up to 11 now because @luvmysuper /Phil sent me a Y2 1953, second quarter Super Speed.. my birth year and quarter razor... as a consolation prize for entering his SWCT PIF.... what a nice gentleman.

so razors I have yet to try:
Gillette Vintage Raised Flat Bottom
RazoRock Lupo 95OC/72SB
Pearl Flexi
British Rocket HD 500
PAA Filament OC
Gillette Super Speed...

And I still need to try the Blutt BR-1 with the 1.20 base plate.

My rotation is every razor I own. And the number keeps getting bigger. I think the last count I saw was 309 but I'm not sure. Maybe 312. I use everyone that I have. It just takes a long time to work my way back around.

Edit: I have 4 more showing up today sometime. So 316 by the end of the day.
Please post photos

Top Bottom