What's new

How do you dispose of used blades?

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Tin cans I get for fifty cents at the dollar store. I glue the lids shut and make a slit in the top. Old prescription bottles also work well when taped up before throwing in garbage. I never use anything glass because it's too easily breakable, then the blades are everywhere, but tin cans can get crushed and still keep blades secure inside.

Here is what I'm using as a blade bank. It's about the size of a larger coffee mug. Once nearly-full, I'll transfer to an Altoids tin or the like and recycle.

Setup - Right.JPG

Has someone tried to blow-torch a metal can with blades full inside them?:2guns:
And then probably beat them in your workshop to get a flat plate?:a13:
Just curious!?!

Such great containers!

I shan't show off my razor bin cos its nothing more than an empty Yebisu beer can with a slot at the side near the top... Its so cheap it's embarrassing lol.

Plus I'm not quite sure when it'll fill up as I can use a blade for 20 days at least.

Empty Mentos jar. I made a cut in the lid to drop the blades through and glued the lid to the jar

I use a plastic Feather blade bank. It's small and doesn't take up much room. Unlike the metal ones, the Feather bank can be opened, the blades dumped into another container for trash, and the Feather bank reused.

Top Bottom