What's new

How do you dispose of used blades?

I like to use a glass container so the recycling people can see what is inside. We have a very good recycling system here.

I use an old soup can with vintage ads glued on the outside.

When we renovate I plan on putting in the blade slot into the wall.

Attachments

• 1 Blade Bank v2.jpg
    1 Blade Bank v2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 27
I made this out of an aluminum beer bottle. Cut a slit in the cap, pasted blade wrappers all over it, and viola! Awesome blade bank.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_163105.jpg
    IMG_20181218_163105.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
How about another method? I don't dispose of them. I keep used blades in their wrappers and use them for something else. I used a Sputnik worn out blade a few days ago for a precision cut. Worn out blades can still be useful for other purposes. No use in throwing them in the trash.

Thank you dear friend for the good idea. Many decades ago, blades used for their intended purpose (for shaving) were used for other purposes. The blade life was 100% used. I came out of that old time. I saw plants producing a lot of blades for technical purposes. But today we are sending high-quality stainless steel in the trash - noticeable blades that can find a million applications in everyday life and technology. I am not a member of the Green Party, but I believe in the dignity of people who protect resources. Thanks to everyone who responds, let's find many other useful uses for old blades.
I made a panel for cleaning the ceramic electric cooker. With the same success, I can clean the glass of the aquarium with this blade.

Please post your findings in this direction.
Sincerely.

Attachments

• 20181221_194423.jpg
    20181221_194423.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 36
You guys are sterilizing your blades before their "second" use? Hep or other blood born diseases are not a great way to make friends.

My dear friend! I love this world, you in it, and all the rest. Hepatitis is just a toy in comparison with other diseases. I will write a lot of interesting things when I have some free time. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely.

I'm putting the sharps container up for a while and will be using the Tootsie roll bank for my used blades.
Eating the tootsie rolls was the best part of this changeover.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just emptied my feather blade bank and put the used blades in an empty glass jelly jar with a nice tight lid. de blades are not recyclable in my area

Top Bottom