What's new

How do you dispose of used blades?

IMG_0611.JPG

This arrived from China today. My new blade disposal system. Cost £1.89 on eBay.
Tidy, good size, inexpensive, childproof, wifeproof, should take years to fill, then either bin the whole thing or empty it into a sharps bin. Little safe type lock works really well. (At the moment). Cheered me up when it finally arrived, it's been just over a month. It's about the size of two cigarette packets stuck together.

Last edited:
Yes, me too. It is sold as a money box and I decided that if I didn't like it when it came, I would use it as a money box.
What I like about this one is it's perfect size. Fits nicely on the shelf. I have a sharps bin too, which would take a decade to fill and is less attractive, so I keep it hidden away.

Those are neat. Mines more generic.

2D363D42-3ABD-4C9A-A4CB-52634914C153.jpeg
Many older home’s medicine cabinets had a slot in the back so you could drop them down into the void in the wall, safely out of the way.

Nice. I use chicken broth can with a slotted hole on top for emptying the broth and inserting used blades.

Mine can be emptied by removing its pressed in floor. I then wrap the stack in a few layers of duct tape and discard in the trash.

Thanks Scarry, I looked at a steel Feather blade bank with a floral pattern but opted for a more masculine non floral design in 24 carat plastic.

thumbnail (1).jpg

My sharps bin. I think I will empty the red money box into this when it's full.
By the time the sharps bin is full I will probably be too old to care.

So when a purpose made blade bank is full do you just throw the whole thing or can you empty it?
They are technically medical waste so take them to your doctor's office, or your local hospital. Some pharmacies will also dispose of them for you.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom