What's new

How do you dispose of used blades?

Cheap enough to just toss when full, small enough to stay out of the way, and not an eye sore in the Bathroom.
proxy.php

I use an old glass olive jar with a slot cut in the lid. When it is full I tape it up with duct tape and mark it CAUTION USED RAZOR BLADES and put it in the recycling waste can. Both glass and steel can be recycled.

Old steel beer cans (especially bank tops) are ideal for razor blade disposal.
  • They look right at home in the shave den next to all the other vintage treasures.
  • Seal the top when full and you've got yourself a handsome paperweight (whatever that is).
  • Pro Tip: Discard dry blades or your beautiful can will rust (duh!).

proxy.php

I use a empty Mentos Gum containers, perfect size to fit any of the blade types (DE, Injector and AC) and small enough to fit nicely in drawer. Plus it's flat on one side so doesn't roll around and lid seals tight. When I get a bunch of blades built up in there I just wrap some tape around the whole thing and toss it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When I'm on the road I just use the Personna blade storage spent side of the blade plastic holder and when home I use the small mason jar with a magnetic business card to hold my good blade and spent blades are slipped through the top lid underneath the magnetic business card and the big piggy bank was a thought that occurred to me at a garage sale, but that thing would hold enough blades to last a life time and a few generations to come :lol1:.
blade bank.jpg

I use an old glass olive jar with a slot cut in the lid. When it is full I tape it up with duct tape and mark it CAUTION USED RAZOR BLADES and put it in the recycling waste can. Both glass and steel can be recycled.
+1 and I use old pickle jars also

I use this chrome skull coin bank to dispose of use blades. Been using it for nearly 4 years now and is not even close to being full.
2015-10-18 06.58.10.png

I have the Fine Forever Blade Bank and I toss them into the wall. I remodeled my bathroom and made a custom bin out of some old hvac ducting that sits perfectly in the wall between the studs. That way if we ever decide to sell the house and someone tears up the bathroom they will find all the blades in a nice safe bin.

54BA1526-E6FB-4D80-A749-0BB927DC72F0.jpeg

I made my own blade bank out of a used tin can that I glued the lid back onto and cut a slot in the side near the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put them back in the paper and stick them in an old altoids tin. I also have some Camel Snus tins that I place them in as well.

Buy a new can of Chicken or Beef broth and then cut a small blade size slit in the top of the can. Drain, rinse, spray paint or decorate. Shazam! You now have a very secure, small, safe and stable container that will hold a s-load of used blades that fits nicley in your bathroom cabinet or on the countertop. When it's full place a piece of tape across the slit and dispose into the trash. Problem safely solved for less than a buck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom