What's new

How did you come here?

Just some random thoughts on a dull Sunday morning...

Every time I visit B&B I marvel at what a great place this, full of good advice and information. It made me think of how I stumbled on it. After all, there are other shave-related forums out there.

As I remember, I was looking for a new shaving brush (still using carts and WMS in my ignorance), and did some online research (I actually started by asking on a Glock forum which I was frequenting at the time...as you can imagine, the advice there was not the best...).

I found a lot of information, replete with links to forums and general websites (which cannot and shall not be mentioned here, lest I incur the wrath of a mod...). But many, many links pointed back to Badger & Blade, which it soon became obvious was a treasure trove of information and interesting -- and civilized -- discussion. So...the hook was set, and I've been here for going on 3 years. And I am much more educated (and entertained) about the ins and outs of wet-shaving. Thank you all.

I would suspect that most B&B members found their way here in a similar fashion. But I would not be surprised if there are some weird journeys. Care to share?

For me, I was researching what were good starter razors and I came across Nickshaves and he mentioned the Badger and Blade forum when he was talking about his then favorite brush based on this forum. The rest is history,lol. That was about a year ago now

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was sick and tired of going around stuck in the revolving door of scabby ingrown hairs on my neck and a 5 day beard. Not to mention the cost of a Mach 3 blade per week when I was able to shave.

After reading a blog and starting to research the right razor for me, the reviews I was looking for all came from B&B.

This has been my go to for tip a nd info ever since

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

When my wife bought me that fateful travel kit from AOS, I scoured the internet looking for advice on how to use the brush that came with it. I too came across other shaving related sites but none were as user friendly and none had the plethora of information contained here. And of course I found the advice varied and extremely helpful. As a result I haven't looked back.

Summer of 2014 someone on a terrific guitar pedal building forum i frequent started a thread on wet shaving with a DE razor and this site came up in the discussion as a very good resource leading to a large black hole...

dave

Back in 2012 my mother asked if a unique razor from AOS would interest me (Christmas gift). I stopped by the store and was intrigued. I went on a hunt for razors, blades, and shave cream looking for answers on the internet. The rest is history.

I was researching information on vintage Gillette razors when I stumbled onto the "US Gillette Dating Information" page, saw there was a link to forums, and the rest is history.

Just like you, every time I did an internet search for anything about shaving, the vast majority of hits pointed back here. Evidently, Google just loves Badger and Blade.

I used to have horrible razor bumps and and ingrown hairs. I started researching how to get rid of them and the normal rule of thumb seemed to be shave often with less than three blades. Searched some YouTube videos saw mantic59. Started watching shaving videos and read comments. Badger and blade kept coming up. Joined the forum and the rest is history

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I decided many years ago that Straight Shaving wasn't for me. DE shaving was really appealing. Looked online for info, and found this place.

I started researching cartridge razors, looking for a more affordable shave. The on-line search came up with B&B and I jumped in to learn more about DE shaving. However, I stay for the great banter on a multitude of topics more than anything else.

Sent via mobile

One day at work I was complaining about the cost of carts. A friend who can be classified as a minimalist and is very cheap. He told me I should try DE shaving. I scoffed at the idea. But did research stumbled upon here. Told my wife it could save me money like it does my co-worker. She signed off and well it hasn't saved me money but is now a hobby. I am collector and well that's what this turned into.

The little motor on my Mach 3 quit working. So I started looking see what the newest, latest, and greatest razor was. I discovered some guys were going back in time rather than forward. It seemed like it was worth a try. I started watching You Tube vids and reading up. It seemed like most paths eventually lead here, so I signed up and have been hooked ever since.

When I retired, I realized that I was really, really tired of shaving with cartridges, tired of shaving in general. I remembered that I used to like it, years ago, before I lost my original Gillette adjustable, decades ago, really. So I looked around on the web, discovered that it had been a Fatboy, discovered B&B while doing research. I still had my Floris brush from the 70s: I found out that the discoloration was called "butterscotch." I plugged in a new knot, tested 20 different blades, went nuts with soaps and creams, and here I am.

Top Bottom