What's new

How did you come here?

Saw the Rick Harrison MTO ad. That got me into searching for traditional shaving stuff. Ended up here.

Same here. I'm sure that's a lot of us that started after seeing that commercial. I still think it's funny that he claims he shaves with it. I doubt he wears that aviator watch either, lol

I was on the DSC and read one too many compelling articles about DE shaving when I was trying to drastically cut down on my costs. So naturally when I went researching for good information/reviews to make my own set, 9 search queries out of 10 I randomly end up back here which had exactly what I needed. So after I took the plunge, I naturally signed up. Lots of fine people here.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Referred here by Jim at Vintage Blades, a Vendor at the time, back in 2008. Never looked back.

I bumped into a link into this forum trying to find info on a Tech Ball razor I inherited. I have learned a great deal about the DE shaving world from this forum and its many great members.

I can't exactly remember what information I was looking for, but Google is responsible for my stumbling into B&B.
Never bothered with any of the other forums.

It's been so long that I just couldn't say. I ran across the place, what, a decade ago? I was just looking at general information at that point, and didn't have a lot of time (thus the no login until relatively recently). I also have bookmarks in my 'hobbies' folder that go to shaving places/suppliers that just don't exist anymore. Maybe I'll dig out one of my VERY OLD backups and see what comes up.

I can't exactly remember what information I was looking for, but Google is responsible for my stumbling into B&B.
Never bothered with any of the other forums.
+1 on a Google search leading me to B&B, but I still remember what I was looking for. :001_tt2:

My son was getting involved with wet shaving, he bought a $5 DE razor off the bay, and wanted to explore straight. So, I wanted to find out what my son was getting himself into; the deeper my research took me, the more I wanted to get involved. With my son's encouragement, I took the plunge. I was alternating between 2 boards, but some of the posts on "the other board" were a bit offensive to noobs (especially concerning brands of razors and such). My choice to join B&B was easy. B&B is a great place to learn and become a part of...just an amazing community!!
:badger:

I was originally trying to find info on a great first razor, signed up, but didn't actually log in at the time. A few months later, after I had forgotten about it, I was watching a YouTube video trying to learn the technique and the person mentioned shaving forums. I remembered that I had signed up and logged in. Been here ever since.

Saw the Rick Harrison MTO ad. That got me into searching for traditional shaving stuff. Ended up here.

This is exactly what happened to me. I was dreading my errand to go to Walgreens to buy more carts when I saw the ad. I googled down the rat hole, and ended up ordering my starting kit that afternoon. I never went on the errand.

I wanted to ditch the disposables (Good News Plus) that I was using to trim my neck and cheeks around my beard, but could not find the Super 109 that I had a few decades ago. I like the notion of learning lost arts. So, I decided to research Gillette TTO Adjustables so that I would know what to look for on eBay to replace it.
The B&B Wiki (which other wet shaving sites lacked) proved very useful.
I ended up with a Slim (L4), which I am happy with.
But then there's the brushes, soaps, etc. The B&B reviews helped with those too.
Soon, I reduced the full beard to a circle beard, because DE shaving was too much fun, and I needed more area to shave.
Of course, the B&B fora convinced me to get more shaving toys.
Now I'm down to a handlebar 'stache, and I'm keeping it. (Ooh, I must update my avatar.)

Every question I had googled or item I looked for a review of seemed to come from B&B. Eventually I knew that I should just sign up.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

Read an article in the local newspaper about the resurgence in traditional men's shaving at about the time I decided I was sick and tired of the beard/goatee I had for 20 years. Then I googled for information, which led me to some online vendors and then Badger and Blade.

Hi,

I had to live in two places 2011-13. The farm here in NC and an apartment in TX. I wanted to leave my stuff in NC, and have stuff in TX, and just fly only myself back and forth.

What I had at home at the time: Old Type, Red Tip SuperSpeed, Early Tech. I had an extra mug of soap and an extra brush, so that part was easy. For an apt razor, I dug into a drawer and pulled out a Fusion Gillette had thoughtfully put into my mailbox some years earlier.

Well, for an always-used-a-DE-or-Straight guy, the Fusion wasn't all the commercials said it was. So, off to eBay! This can be easily fixed. I will just buy another set of what I have at home! Except, maybe I will go back to a New Long Comb instead of a Red Tip. I had one once, but had given it away.

So, I find a seller with nice replated ones. But....there is something different with this New. Hmmm. Says Made in England on it. Hmmmm. Google search time. Found this place and found out just what was different. Raised Flat Bottom.

Now, I didn't join up until two years later. I didn't even lurk much before I joined up. It wasn't until I found a thread on Slants that I joined. Those were something I had never heard of before, and that was that.

Stan

I had just started to move off of canned cream and cartridges. I'd been shaving with my first tub of Trumper's Sandalwood cream for a bit and was looking to find better razors and aftershaves. Countless "what is the best....?" Google searches always turned up results from B&B, so I always read reviews and found the advice to be helpful. I'd never really been one to post anything on any forums, but DE shaving changed all that. So here I am.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A co-worker introduced me to DE shaving recommending a 34c and Astra blades after I bought a Micro Touch One to dive in. He then gave me a list of you tube videos to watch, and said B&B forum was quite informative and I should google it. He said he used the forum quite a bit but never joined.

I was fed up with the cartridge razor I was using and google searched best razor, and b+b was among the top results.

Been here for nearly a year now, and would like to thank everyone on here for making this a friendly, informative and inclusive corner of the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One day i was on ebay looking at bodily care products and whilst looking at shaving creams brushes etc i did a quick search on some reviews badger and blade was at the top for a couple..i had a snoop around the site jumped straight in said hi in the newbie area and didnt turn back..:) great community

Top Bottom