What's new

Noob here and a safety razor question.

I recently got into DE shaving and don't laugh, a $6 Morris Flamingo closed comb butterfly razor that included 2 Lanfei blades. I am working on my technique and I am really getting closer and amazing shaves. The question I have is I have been looking at Gillette Super Speeds on ebay because so many members here recommend them and also some affordable ones through Maggards. Should I stick with what I have or continue to scour Ebay for a Super Speed (which I don't know what is a good year or particular one I should be looking at) or maybe a Jager at Maggards?

Thank you. All of you guys have been a wealth of information.
Brian
You should check out razoremporium.com - great selection of vintage Gillettes!

Hey, Brian 👋

If you're looking for Super Speeds (I have a few), I'd recommend Etsy in addition to eBay. I've had good luck there.
I shaved with a 1953 Super Speed this morning and it's just such a great shave: smooth and yet efficient enough to deliver a good shave. Prices seem to have gone up on vintage Gillettes since I bought mine a year or so ago but you shouldn't have to spend a fortune to get a really excellent razor.
I agree with the Etsy route. Backroads Gold sells refurbished/replated Gilettes that are guaranteed to be aligned properly. I'm not trying to discourage you from Ebay, but it does come with some risk. I've had a few that had to be refurbished.

Top Bottom