What's new

Home made razor stand - New and Improved

I like the fact that it backs up against the mirror and shows two of anything.. All my brushes are doubled up, so helps control my SBAD :)

When I copy this amazing shaving stand, please take it as the highest form of a compliment! :detective:

But seriously, I might try something like this because so called "Shaving Stands" are just a simple piece of metal that look to be only $5 MAX, but cost at least 3 times that. Kudos to you, good sir, kudos...

Thank you Sir.. The wood cost me $25 (if you are an established wood worker, you can surface the wood instead of buying pre-surfaced wood- will cost you less than half of this).. The other materials i.e aluminum, holding pins etc were $15.. And a whole lot of labor :)
When I copy this amazing shaving stand, please take it as the highest form of a compliment! :detective:

But seriously, I might try something like this because so called "Shaving Stands" are just a simple piece of metal that look to be only $5 MAX, but cost at least 3 times that. Kudos to you, good sir, kudos...

Encouraged by your comments on Home made razor stand part I here, I ventured into making a larger stand (thanks to severe RAD and SBAD) to hold all my razors, brushes and the shaving bowl. Here it is, sitting in the bathroom countertop - the overall profile is 18 x 15 inches, so it is not that big. It is made of maple wood and finished with red dye and oil/polyurethane. Please comment (good and bad) on design, functionality etc - would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your time.

In a word....WOW!!!!!!!!!! Amazing job with this

Now that is AMAZING :)
A couple of months ago, before I got into this whole shaving thing, I would have thought you were bonkers, but now, what you have made makes just as much sense as the wheel.

Well done mate
Peace Out

Top Bottom