What's new

Home made razor stand - New and Improved

That is both beautiful and fully functional. Now you just need to get busy on one for your soaps and creams, you don't want them to feel left out.

Quite simply, I want one! Great design. Per the "counter-eater" comment above, an option to hang it would make it perfect and incredibly flexible. Absolutely love it and if you start selling 'em I'm in.

Last edited:
Nice, but I give your wife about a week before she "accidentally" breaks something in order to get that counter-eater out of her bathroom. No offense, I'm just sayin.

I just showed SWMBO and asked her if I could set up something similar and she said, "umm, NO!" Great job on the stand, hopefully you have your own bathroom.

I just showed SWMBO and asked her if I could set up something similar and she said, "umm, NO!" Great job on the stand, hopefully you have your own bathroom.

Yes, I meant no negativity whatsoever, I was merely commiserating on my own personal inner bathroom shave shrine hopes getting blasted in the past. She wanted most out of sight. You open the bathroom closet in my home, you better wear sunglasses to protect from the bling!

That's the best-looking razor stand I've seen! I'm thinking, "Hmm, mine should be just like that, except shorter and wider, because it has to fit in a bathroom cabinet . . ." It beats buying a bunch of toothbrush holders and whatnot, and it looks much better than what's available in stores. Kudos to you!

We have 'his' and 'hers' countertops.. So I have my own space, which was largely empty before I started wet shaving

With only one, I can understand where the priorities can be.. :wink:

Luckily each stand looks big enough to support another two to three brushes. I see a lot of expanding potential.

Agreed. I could make it more efficient with two brushes in each pedestal. Also I could buy a smaller bowl (the one shown is a monstrous cereal bowl) or mug and use the space around it for razors or brushes.. Just need to think of a way to organize them..

technically speaking, i think that is way past the "stand" category, what you have right there is a shrine :)

very nice :)

Encouraged by your comments on Home made razor stand part I here, I ventured into making a larger stand (thanks to severe RAD and SBAD) to hold all my razors, brushes and the shaving bowl. Here it is, sitting in the bathroom countertop - the overall profile is 18 x 15 inches, so it is not that big. It is made of maple wood and finished with red dye and oil/polyurethane. Please comment (good and bad) on design, functionality etc - would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your time.

Beautiful!

This is becoming a big problem.. This got full even before I finished it. If it is not full, I buy more just to fill the open slots and run out of space soon and start building a bigger stand.. Isn't this a vicious cycle ?

Very nice...only 1 problem.............. IT'S FULL!!

Now you need a BIGGER one.

Top Bottom