What's new

Home made razor stand - New and Improved

Encouraged by your comments on Home made razor stand part I here, I ventured into making a larger stand (thanks to severe RAD and SBAD) to hold all my razors, brushes and the shaving bowl. Here it is, sitting in the bathroom countertop - the overall profile is 18 x 15 inches, so it is not that big. It is made of maple wood and finished with red dye and oil/polyurethane. Please comment (good and bad) on design, functionality etc - would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• $DSC_2612.jpg
    $DSC_2612.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 634
  • $DSC_2614.jpg
    $DSC_2614.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 632
Very Nice. it looks great and is very practical also. You have an eye for good design.

What did you use for the pins that hold the razor?
What are the round columns that hold small brush stands made of?

:smartass:
Encouraged by your comments on Home made razor stand part I here, I ventured into making a larger stand (thanks to severe RAD and SBAD) to hold all my razors, brushes and the shaving bowl. Here it is, sitting in the bathroom countertop - the overall profile is 18 x 15 inches, so it is not that big. It is made of maple wood and finished with red dye and oil/polyurethane. Please comment (good and bad) on design, functionality etc - would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your time.

Nice design... Looks like a trophy for the best latherer contest

Thanks to all.

The pins holding the razor are stainless steel shelf holding pins bought from a wood working store.
The round columns holding the brush stands are aluminum rods from home depot.

Very Nice. it looks great and is very practical also. You have an eye for good design.

What did you use for the pins that hold the razor?
What are the round columns that hold small brush stands made of?

I love it. I wish I could make something like this..... Let me know if you ever decide to make several as I would take one.

It looks great! Nice job. Did you put something under it so it wouldn't sit directly on the counter? I know if it were on mine, it would get water under it. I have a couple of small kids.

Nothing under it other than a few coatings of polyurethane. Hope that will stop the water from entering the wood.

It looks great! Nice job. Did you put something under it so it wouldn't sit directly on the counter? I know if it were on mine, it would get water under it. I have a couple of small kids.

Nothing under it other than a few coatings of polyurethane. Hope that will stop the water from entering the wood.

I might put some of the little felt or cork adhesive pads in the corners, elevate it a little. But it looks great! You're gonna make me have to go to the shop and do something.

I might put some of the little felt or cork adhesive pads in the corners, elevate it a little. But it looks great! You're gonna make me have to go to the shop and do something.

Thanks.. Good idea.

I used pre-surfaced wood sheets.. So all the wood work I did was cutting, drilling, gluing and finishing. Did take a few hours though !

Wow that looks Awesome, would love something like that, but i woold have to Re Do my bathroom so i can have a his and hers counter space :eek:)

Nice, but I give your wife about a week before she "accidentally" breaks something in order to get that counter-eater out of her bathroom. No offense, I'm just sayin.

Top Bottom