Before I could complete the purchase.
So after using the Game Changer OC
For some serious shaving, I've all but
Forgotten about Jaws, Honestly the
Game Changer OC really is just that
Good. When l eventually spot a Jaws
Razor on BST then I'll consider getting
One.

After shaving with the OC and JAWS for over two weeks, I have come to the conclusion that, for me, they shave with the same efficiency, but the OC is slightly smoother. I initially thought the JAWS might be more efficient, but I’ve changed my mind.

I think you have the better of the two already, @weekly.

I hope to order the GC .84 SB tomorrow, and if it turns out as good as I hope I will eagerly await the OC!. Mind you seeing how popular it is in the states it may take a while to get over to Europe.

Maiden voyage with Jaws!
proxy.php

YES! I absolutely love it. It doesn't feel any more aggressive to me than the GC84 safety bar. The teeth allow lots more soap to stay on my face. I'm in the honeymoon, but this razor is a breath of fresh air after trying to make some much more expensive razors work for me.

I would buy this again in a second.
I prefer it to the safety bar.
I have no need for the normal open comb now that I own this.

FWIW, when Joe teased the pics of both open combs and did a poll, I voted for the Jaws one. I love it.

Maiden voyage with Jaws!
proxy.php

YES! I absolutely love it. It doesn't feel any more aggressive to me than the GC84 safety bar. The teeth allow lots more soap to stay on my face. I'm in the honeymoon, but this razor is a breath of fresh air after trying to make some much more expensive razors work for me.

I would buy this again in a second.
I prefer it to the safety bar.
I have no need for the normal open comb now that I own this.

FWIW, when Joe teased the pics of both open combs and did a poll, I voted for the Jaws one. I love it.
Did it come with leather case or not? Thanks in advance.

The JAWS has arrived with leather case.. she feels as good as she looks, perfect weight and feel for me

Looking forward to tomorrow’s shave, will prob load up a polsilver to test the waters and graduate to a feather from there

JAWS OC REPORT - fist shave experience

Went to load the blade and found the posts are not all on the cap, the two outer posts are in fact on the base plate as can be seen in the pic below. The razor I am comparing with is the R41 head/cap. So instead of loading the blade onto the underside of the cap I loaded it onto the top of the base plate then place the cap on top. I was amazed at how tight the tolerances were here, absolutely no moment at all which helped to perfectly place the blade.

Once I had loaded the JAWS with a fresh Polsilver SI blade I had a look at the razor and was a little apprehensive to kick of the shave. The blade is exposure quite a bit and this plus the teeth made the JAWS look like something not to be messed with.

Started my WTG pass and I was amazed at how efficient it was while retaining quite a smooth feel. Not as smooth as the timeless but smoother than the R41, sort of like a happy medium. Was very impressed after the first pass.

Second pass XTG went just as well, in fact, it went so well I sort of let down my guard and proceeded with a third pass ATG without any fear.

The smoothness of this razor lulled me into a false sense of security and went into the ATG pass with no fear at all. The JAWS bit me twice on this pass, nothing bad just couple small weepers, but just enough for me to give some respect back to this razor and pay attention. Finished the shave off with some touch ups.

The results were simply amazing, super smooth BBS. I would go so far as to say it gave me a slightly closer shave than my R41. Was super easy to get the slim head to the tricky area under my nose where it did an amazing job. Also with my main trouble spot, the area around my lower neck / Adams apple. To give you a comparison the timeless doesn’t do this good a job in the Adams apple area, the R41 does a very good job but the JAWS even better.

I tried shaving riding the cap and the bar, the cap gave a smoother shave than the bar but not sure on the efficiency difference. The real test will come when I wake up tomorrow and see how much growth I have.

The weight and balance of the JAWS is excellent. The barber pole handle is 85mm long and has a 12mm diameter with the butt end extending to a diameter of 14mm. It has plenty of grip and feels amazing in my hand.

It has only been one shave with the JAWS but this razor has given me if not the closest, one of the closes shaves I have ever had, and bear in mind this is with the Polsilver blade. Next blade change I am going to try a feather which I know will up the efficiency a notch or two, hopefully the smooth feeling will still be there.

Weighing in at 105g, this fully CNC machined 316L Marine Grade Stainless Steel razor, comes with a genuine leather case that can hold the JAWS and a puck or two. With a total cost, with free delivery, at $110, I couldn’t be happier!! It may be early to call, with just one shave under my belt but the JAWS may have just become my favourite #1 razor.

Glad to hear your first shave went so well. I have been using Jaws daily for almost 3 weeks. My goto blade is Astra SP. I also tried Feather and Voskod. The Feather was smooth and a bit more efficient. The Voskhod was not as smooth or efficient as the Astra. The Astra remains my blade of choice. I can get 6 shaves out of an Astra but only 3 from a Feather. YMMV. Jaws is a great daily razor for me. Oddly, I can't use the .84 SB daily.

Glad to hear your first shave went so well. I have been using Jaws daily for almost 3 weeks. My goto blade is Astra SP. I also tried Feather and Voskod. The Feather was smooth and a bit more efficient. The Voskhod was not as smooth or efficient as the Astra. The Astra remains my blade of choice. I can get 6 shaves out of an Astra but only 3 from a Feather. YMMV. Jaws is a great daily razor for me. Oddly, I can't use the .84 SB daily.

I used the 0.84 SB once and didnt care for it.. was too mild for my liking, causing me to do more passes for a lesser result. More passes to get same result can also cause irritation prob why you didnt like it.. but the JAWS is amazing, will be A/B this against my R41 and Timeless over the coming weeks.

why is it you dont like the feather if it was smooth? the higher the efficiency the better for me

Recently I had order 2 Razorock; game changer qc84, use 3 time, and 100% happy with, one week after I order the wunderbar , my first slant, use for the second time this morning, quote 101% I am very impressed on how close it shave.

Forget to mention both of them comes in a leather pouch!!! An one confession, since I discover this forum, and you aficionados of fancy shaving, that create another addiction. Yesterday fedex delivery’s to me a little pack, inside à Rex ambassador,,,just open the case to admire and feel it, strong but the handle a little bit too short,,, may be, but when I used it twice I will tell you how it work in my face.

Top Bottom