What's new

Gamechanger oc “Jaws”

Shave #2 with the "Great White" was a full 3 pass event. I loaded a once used Astra SP and lathered up with Tabac. It felt smooth but ended up with 2 weepers, an irritated neck and basically an above average DFS, certainly not what I expected. It had to be the operator so I decided to change things for shave #3. Same prep, blade and soap for shave #3 but this time, I used a shallower angle, neutral or slightly riding the cap. I took a few strokes, very little noise and almost no blade feedback. I figured I was too shallow but checked my face. Sure enough, it was smooth, the razor was doing its job. I did 2 passes with a bit of buffing around my chin. Shave #3 left me with what I would call 90% BBS. Just a bit of stubble on the problem areas of my neck. No irritation. I will continue experimenting with angles but I believe for me, I will need to run a bit shallower than I would on the .84 GC/SB. When using the .84 GC/SB, 4 days was all my face would tolerate, each shave would result in progressively more sensitive areas. So far, that has not been the case with the Great White as I like to call it. I had some irritation on shave #2 but it did not last long. I am guessing the open comb may be allowing more lather to cushion and lubricate the blade (just a guess). We will see how the rest of the week goes. I have gotten used to the aggressive look of the razor and now believe it looks more "utilitarian". It looks like a tool designed for a specific task, no extra flash, all business. I have been using it with a Weber Bulldog handle. May give the Super Knurl a try next week. The Super Knurl is a great looking handle if not a bit long for me. I think if I could carve off about a half inch, it would make a great handle and would look very nice. Happy Shaves!

Shave #4 was a winner. Seems like neutral or just a bit of cap ridding is the key to a great shave for me with the Jaws. Still no irritation and no nics or weepers on shave #4. I am really liking this razor. It looks like it is an aggressive razor but in use it has been better for me than the .84GC/SB. Of course YMMV:001_rolle I will be ordering the OC plate as well out of curiosity but I can see the great white becoming one of my go to razors. Razorock has built another great razor and Jaws is it:clap:

After a week with the RR Jaws, I can report that it is an efficient razor once the correct angle is found. If I went too steep it let me know. I would not call it aggressive. I was able to use it all week without issue. I have never been able to use the .84 SB for a week. I am guessing the OC keeps more lather close to the blade allowing for a close shave without irritation. The Jaws may look aggressive but I would put it in between a Fatip Gentile and Fatip OC. More efficient than the .84 SB but only slightly. Next week I will try a Feather and a Voskhod.

The Jaws may look aggressive but I would put it in between a Fatip Gentile and Fatip OC. More efficient than the .84 SB but only slightly. Next week I will try a Feather and a Voskhod.

Fatip Gentile is very mild and Fatip OC is just average/good efficient. I find this hard to believe.

Thanks for the review. Jaws is a nice looking razor. When they are back in stock I will have to try one.
So did you get one yet ?
I decided to start with the GC .84 OC.
I ordered it a couple of days ago so
I should be getting it in the mail soon.
This will be my first RR razor, but at
The current prices I'm pretty sure I'll be
Getting the .84 SB and also the JAWS

I highly doubt a .68 OC will be made...it would be overly redundant with how many razors they have hovering in that range.

So did you get one yet ?
I decided to start with the GC .84 OC.
I ordered it a couple of days ago so
I should be getting it in the mail soon.
This will be my first RR razor, but at
The current prices I'm pretty sure I'll be
Getting the .84 SB and also the JAWS

I have the Jaws but have not ordered the .84 OC yet. I will eventually.

Did these shaves ever come to fruition? Curious how the Lupo compared after further shaving.
Yes The Lupo was smoother than the Gamechanger .84P but the Gamechanger was definitely more efficient. I put the SB against the OC and for me they were equally smooth but the OC was a step up in efficiency so I felt the OC Gamechanger was the best for me, but then I got the new version 2 of the Charcoal Goods level 3 SB and it beat out the Gamechanger OC by quite a bit.

I have used Astra SP, Feather and Voskhod in Jaws. The Feather gave a BBS with ease and was still smooth and comfortable. Voskhod took more buffing to match the Astra. I am still amazed that I can use Jaws daily no problem but could only use the .84 SB 3-4 days max. Great razor and great value! Thanks RazoRock!

hey fellas.. my order for the JAWS with baber pole handle is on its way.. express delivery from a local supplier, cant wait to give it a test run :)

Top Bottom