What's new

Gamechanger oc “Jaws”

Lupo too light and aggressive
Jaws and open comb, too much bade feel and bitey

The gc 84 and mamba 70 are still rr better than jaws, lupo and gc open comb

I used the 0.84 SB once and didnt care for it.. was too mild for my liking, causing me to do more passes for a lesser result. More passes to get same result can also cause irritation prob why you didnt like it.. but the JAWS is amazing, will be A/B this against my R41 and Timeless over the coming weeks.

why is it you dont like the feather if it was smooth? the higher the efficiency the better for me

Simple economics. The Feathers cost more and only provide half as many shaves. Astra will last all week and are cheaper. I have probably 75 Feathers and will use them when I want an Extra close shave.

Simple economics. The Feathers cost more and only provide half as many shaves. Astra will last all week and are cheaper. I have probably 75 Feathers and will use them when I want an Extra close shave.

Fair enough.. i have a pack of Astra SP at home but never tried them.. might have to give them a try. Have you used polsilvers? how do they compare with the Astra?

Fair enough.. i have a pack of Astra SP at home but never tried them.. might have to give them a try. Have you used polsilvers? how do they compare with the Astra?

I have not tried polsilvers. They are on my list to try along with personna lab blues.

My question now is, do I still get the .84 OC? Would it bring anything to the table? I have the .68, .84 and Jaws. I will probably just out of curiosity. If I do it will be the plate only. I don't need any more handles.

I would assume that it would make for a smoother shave but in all honesty how much smoother do you need a shave? i find the JAWS very smooth, so much so that i have forgotten to give it the respect it needs a couple of times.

will be good to see what you think of it if you do get it, you might even enable me lol

My question now is, do I still get the .84 OC? Would it bring anything to the table? I have the .68, .84 and Jaws. I will probably just out of curiosity. If I do it will be the plate only. I don't need any more handles.

I both the OC and the JAWS. I’ve shaved with them both exclusively for nearly three weeks and have had three OC/JAWS shave offs. I have a slight preference for the OC at this point. I think they shave with similar efficiency, but to me the OC has the edge in smoothness. They are both very close in performance, however.

I both the OC and the JAWS. I’ve shaved with them both exclusively for nearly three weeks and have had three OC/JAWS shave offs. I have a slight preference for the OC at this point. I think they shave with similar efficiency, but to me the OC has the edge in smoothness. They are both very close in performance, however.

Thanks for that. I suspected that might be the case.

I shaved with my GC 84 OC this morning. It was a close shave however it has irritated my skin a bit. Probably because I used my RR synth silvertip instead of beloved 1305. I previously shaved with GC 84 SB with no problems.

I will be posting more updates tomorrow.

I have the OC, unfortunately, when I ordered it, I didn't realize it was baseplate only.
If anyone has a spare top cap and they want to sell it, I will happily take it.

I shaved with my GC 84 OC this morning. It was a close shave however it has irritated my skin a bit. Probably because I used my RR synth silvertip instead of beloved 1305. I previously shaved with GC 84 SB with no problems.

I will be posting more updates tomorrow.

My suspicion was correct. The culprit was the brush. Face lathered with my 1305 and the shave was excellent!

Convinced me again that boars>synthetics

Shaved with a feather + JAWS last night and while not as smooth as a polsilver still quite smooth but efficiency went up. Great blade to use with this razor

Way better than the LOW RENT astras
Astras cheap price has built it into a
Cult icon that IMHO gets a lot of unmerited praise Astras are just slightly above average.

I have been been really enjoying both the OC and Jaws with for about a month now. I have found a extremely light touch with a sharper blade do the best for me. I didn’t hate using Voskhod but enjoyed nacet and 7 o’clock yellow better

Curious what soap you are using. I've been using Tabac and really like it.

My favourite is A&E but i am all out atm, i am waiting for an AU supplier to get some more in stock.. but in the meantime i am using Tabac (amazing production soap) and mystic waters.. with the feather i pulled out an old Wholly Kaw Rose soap i have

Way better than the LOW RENT astras
Astras cheap price has built it into a
Cult icon that IMHO gets a lot of unmerited praise Astras are just slightly above average.

this is what i have also heard and the reason i have yet to try an astra.. but i got to do it soon if only to know i have tried them

Top Bottom