What's new

Gamechanger oc “Jaws”

Jaws continues to be my daily razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

If I may ask, those handles look to be the TiBam handles that appeared in an earlier post. Are they acquiring a patina or is it the lighting? They look great!
Thanks

A few months ago I got the standard GC OC .84 and felt like it’s the absolute best razor I’ve used over the past 6+ years. About 2 weeks ago I picked up a Jaws and ever since I’ve been going back and forth about which one I prefer. They are not night and day different, but they are certainly not the same razor, so unlike someone else posted it’s not just a marketing gimmick perpetrated by RR to sell razors. The standard OC definitely gets the edge in comfort, but the Jaws gets the edge when it comes to closeness. At first I thought the Jaws was a bit too much for me, but after giving it a fair shot with some Voskhods I warmed up to it. The standard OC offers an extremely comfortable shave that doesn’t require a whole lot of concentration, but the biggest difference with the Jaws is the noticeably longer amount of time the shave lasts before I can feel stubble again.

For the past week I’ve been using the Jaws with GSB and 7 o’clock black, and haven’t had any regrets or desire to go back to the standard OC. With the sharper blades I can get a closer 2-pass shave than I can with 3 passes on the OC. Both are awesome razors, decide if comfort or closeness is more important for you and you’ll have your answer.

.84 OC

proxy.php

Jaws
Hi. What's the brush in this picture??

If I may ask, those handles look to be the TiBam handles that appeared in an earlier post. Are they acquiring a patina or is it the lighting? They look great!
Thanks

earlier in this thread I posted the same handle in titanium. I just got these 2 and forced a patina on them. They are brass and bronze.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My Jaws arrived and I used it the other day. It was quite a bit more aggressive feeling the the GC OC. Got a nice shave on the first go. No blood. Itll get used. That's for sure.

Sigh...I just ordered the Jaws plate. I’ll now have the .84 SB, OC and now Jaws. I haven’t got to use the OC because I’ve had a beard since September, plan on keeping it till January 1. A 4 month beard should be a perfect test for the game changer Jaws. I used a straight last year to shave the beard, looks like Jaws gets the nod this year.

My Jaws arrived and I used it the other day. It was quite a bit more aggressive feeling the the GC OC. Got a nice shave on the first go. No blood. Itll get used. That's for sure.

Same observation here as well. Used a GSB. A lot more blade feel. For some reason not as smooth as the GC OC but I suppose I need to work on technique.

Top Bottom