What's new

Fun With Above The Tie (ATT) Razors

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
20211021_194309~2.jpg

Loaded the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1 with a German Bolzano. Used my preferred Steep Angle and enjoyed a superb shave! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co. Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman VIBR
View attachment 1349877
Loaded the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1 with a German Bolzano. Used my preferred Steep Angle and enjoyed a superb shave! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/
Aluminum handle on a copper head, that would make for a different feel for sure. I had a very nice shave with ATT copper today.
Imagepipe_8.jpg

Very nice, those copper plates.

@all:

I already have the S2 (splendid razor on two days worth of growth) and the H2 (it's a beast), I wonder if the (C)R1 might be a good plate for daily shaves...

If you had to compare the R1 plate with another razor in you den, which one comes to your mind in terms of efficiency or aggressiveness? Is there any razor which behaves similar to the R1 plate?

Appreciate your feedback!

Last edited:

@all:

I already have the S2 (splendid razor on two days worth of growth) and the H2 (it's a beast), I wonder if the (C)R1 might be a good plate for daily shaves...

If you had to compare the R1 plate with another razor in you den, which one comes to your mind in terms of efficiency or aggressiveness? Is there any razor which behaves similar to the R1 plate?

Thanks. The CR1 is a great daily shaver. I shave daily and use the CR1, the CH1 Is used twice a week, it is very efficient. I have the Muhle Rocca 95, it is slightly more efficient than the CR1. Ikon shavecraft and slant are slightly less efficient. Other razors like are either less efficient or more efficient than the CR1 (Muhle R41, D89) If my memory serves me well the CR1 is close to Futur setting 2-2.5.
I must say it also depends on the blade. I use sharp blades with mild razors (e.g. Feather ASD2) and the CR1 goes well with a ray of blades.
Hope this helps

@all:

ATT is having Sale on the copper plates among other items, it is a great opportunity to grab. I think the sale will end soon.

Yes it truly does thank you for taking the time to respond on my query.
Of those razors mentioned I have the R89,R41 and the Rocca v4 in my den.
So I can make an educated guess now if the CR1 plate might fit my need. It likely will. Thx!

If you have a Rocca, then I would suggest the new SSRH plate. It's a little more efficient than the CR1 (I have this as well) but is still smooth and can be used daily......more comparable to the Rocca's performance. The Windsor is a great razor with either the CR1 or SSRH....no way to go wrong IMHO.

If you have a Rocca, then I would suggest the new SSRH plate. It's a little more efficient than the CR1 (I have this as well) but is still smooth and can be used daily......more comparable to the Rocca's performance. The Windsor is a great razor with either the CR1 or SSRH....no way to go wrong IMHO.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Unfortunately the SSRH plate isn't offered as a copper version.

That's why opted for a CR1 plate instead. A level of efficiency in the range above the R89 and below Rocca seems to be a good addition for me.

Yes it truly does thank you for taking the time to respond on my query.
Of those razors mentioned I have the R89,R41 and the Rocca v4 in my den.
So I can make an educated guess now if the CR1 plate might fit my need. It likely will. Thx!
Glad it helped, Have a blessed Sunday

I agree. I've taken an interest in ATT razors because they seem of good quality and I like the thin head profile design. Their H plates and the SB90 is probably what I prefer.

That said, it was hard to understand how all the razors were compatible and which plates had what efficiency. Also, the name of the handles were a bit confusing: Some would call one a ATT Calypso razor which doesn't give any info on the efficiency. I had to search through several of their pages to piece all the information together. I think a one-stop FAQ page would be a big help for newcomers. The current FAQ seems more of shipping/ordering process rather than how their razors work.

I took advantage of their recent sales so I'll be trying out the Windsor Pro lines and the H2 plate. Excited! And I hope to give a positive feedback .. I already have a slight bias given my excitement but we'll see.
Thanks for the suggestion! We will look into providing a more comprehensive info chart for new and old comers alike. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Top Bottom