What's new

Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) - How would you RATE its AGGRESSIVENESS?

Thanks, Jim! Great feedback!

"Question: Should the safety razor and handle condition sections be with respect to the believed "original condition", or should they be for the razor as is?"

I don't quite understand what you're asking here, Grant?

Take a vintage razor, for example. It's worn with age and time and has some plating issues. When the user judges the plating, should he give a lower rating because he's judging the razor as it is, or should he imagine what it was like in its original condition and judge that? (I'm guessing that we have the user judge the razor as it is.)

"2. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved in the following areas"

Why not this instead...

Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have shaved with the following razor?

You want users to list every razor that they've used and how long they've used them? That would seem too hard to do.

"9. Overall rate and approximate or exact total amount of time that I have used the razor ([#] shaves per [day, week, month, or year] for a total of [#] years and [#] months and [#] weeks and [#] days):"

For questions like this one the user is supposed to fill in every one of the [x] boxes with a number, or are the supposed to say, "I've done 7 shaves per week for 30 days."

I still think it would be simpler with some questions, like this one, to simply ask how many times you've shaved with the razor? Still, in any case, how to answer the question, in the proper form of an answer, is an important thing to convey to the form filler, right?

I still think that time is more desired. I think most users would say, "Are you kidding? How many shaves? How should I know?" But when asked about how much time, they could give the number of years, etc. I don't have this all worked out yet, though, because I haven't done the Google form yet. I'm waiting to figure it out then depending on how I can do the input. Maybe I'll be able to allow the user to input number of shaves if he wants, but in general, I don't think that we should ask that, right? Wouldn't most users have a hard time answering that question?

"52. Pass Numbers (1, 2, and/or 3, etc.):
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"):"

I find this question unclear even though I think I know what you're asking. Like I might say
S-A S (Cap): Pass 1
N-A S: Pass 3
S-A S (Guard): N/A

I know why the question is there and thus what it is asking for, but will everybody? That's the challenge, to make everything clear enough - to people who didn't design the test and don't maybe have a clue what some questions mean and/or are asking - they need to know enough so their answers make sense.

Also, if it's too challenging people might quit in the middle.

Yeah, I don't love the format of this addition, but I wanted to get something in there. I'll take it out or change it up.

I might insert a few illustrations. One little one right before riding the guard, cap riding to show what that means. Mostly to break it up and make it visually more interesting.

One of the best things anybody ever told me about this place was this, "We love pictures."

That picture is definitely going to be there. I'll add a placeholder. There might be places for other pictures, too.

We want and believe it in everybody's best interest to have the survey collect great and comprehensive information, but making the survey light in tone (as much as possible) and fun (as much as a survey can be) and as little like a school test as possible is too our advantage.

I think some of the questions are a bit too formal sounding. Yes, I know it can be very hard to be precise without being formal, but sometimes it's easy enough to just ask a simple direct question.

Still, it really is becoming quite an impressive instrument.

I would not expect the survey to be taken by folks reviewing razors which are not DE or SE. I don't know enough about the straights to even know what a survey would ask.

We don't want information from people using electric razors, right?

Just my 2 cents, Grant.

It looks very good overall, in spite of my comments which shouldn't be taken as criticism. You've designed a fine instrument. I didn't fine-tooth comb it.

Thanks, Jim. Yes, some questions are a bit too formal sounding. We'll work on that. I agree that this is really becoming something else.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
"I still think that time is more desired. I think most users would say, "Are you kidding? How many shaves? How should I know?" But when asked about how much time, they could give the number of years, etc. I don't have this all worked out yet, though, because I haven't done the Google form yet. I'm waiting to figure it out then depending on how I can do the input. Maybe I'll be able to allow the user to input number of shaves if he wants, but in general, I don't think that we should ask that, right? Wouldn't most users have a hard time answering that question?"

We could offer a few suggestions, but what we're interested in is finding out if the person reviewing the razor is truly familiar with it.

I realize that my one shave with the BB razor wasn't, when I reviewed it, sufficient for me to be very knowledgeable about the the razor or actually experienced with it. This would be true even if I were the most experienced and skilled wet shaver in the world. Still, some people will "know" a razor quickly and some will never "know" it because they're not smart or whatever.

I think people, if they understand the intent of the question, and are offered examples could easily give a more or less accurate view of their experience with the razor, but a view of their experience sufficient to qualify their review.

How many times have you shaved with the razor you're reviewing?
  1. 1
  2. 1-5
  3. 6-10
  4. 11-30
  5. 31-50
  6. 51-100
  7. 101-199
  8. hundreds of times
  9. thousands of times
  10. never
There are lots of ways to do it, Grant. I have no idea that what I'm suggesting is the best way or even a good way, but it is simple, and it would give me an idea of the reviewer's experience with the razor were the reviewer to pick one of the answers listed above.

"Question: Should the safety razor and handle condition sections be with respect to the believed "original condition", or should they be for the razor as is?"

"Take a vintage razor, for example. It's worn with age and time and has some plating issues. When the user judges the plating, should he give a lower rating because he's judging the razor as it is, or should he imagine what it was like in its original condition and judge that? (I'm guessing that we have the user judge the razor as it is.)"

I think the only way a person can review something is "as it is." Anything else is speculation.

I might have a question like this:

How did you acquire this razor?
  1. I purchased it new.
  2. I purchased it used but in excellent or like new condition.
  3. I purchased it used and had it professionally restored.
  4. I purchased it used; it looks bad, but works well.
  5. It was given to me as a new razor.
  6. It was given to me used by in excellent or like new condition.
  7. It was a gift, and looks bad, but works well.
  8. It is a piece of junk but I'm giving it a try.
  9. I stole it.
  10. Other (please specify)

And maybe another question like this?

What kind of shape is your razor currently in?
  1. New/mint.
  2. Like new almost, very minor wear.
  3. Not new but still great.
  4. Worn, user grade, but still functions perfectly.
  5. Quite imperfect but adequate as a shaver.
  6. Barely useable junk.
  7. Junk which nobody should be shaving with but I'm up for it anyway.
  8. It's a mint museum piece and I should sell it for a million bucks.

Gotta get back to work. Otherwise I can't buy an soap when I run out in 3018.

Electrics come in two types I believe. Rotary and foil. Both are very different in feel and use.

I tried a foil shaver once and it gave me pretty bad razor burn that I never had in 20 years of use with a rotary.

You're right, Mike. I used a rotary for years, not like it was the greatest thing, but I didn't know any better. Like you, I tried a foil shaver---it was an expensive one---and it didn't work well for me.

"I still think that time is more desired. I think most users would say, "Are you kidding? How many shaves? How should I know?" But when asked about how much time, they could give the number of years, etc. I don't have this all worked out yet, though, because I haven't done the Google form yet. I'm waiting to figure it out then depending on how I can do the input. Maybe I'll be able to allow the user to input number of shaves if he wants, but in general, I don't think that we should ask that, right? Wouldn't most users have a hard time answering that question?"

We could offer a few suggestions, but what we're interested in is finding out if the person reviewing the razor is truly familiar with it.

I realize that my one shave with the BB razor wasn't, when I reviewed it, sufficient for me to be very knowledgeable about the the razor or actually experienced with it. This would be true even if I were the most experienced and skilled wet shaver in the world. Still, some people will "know" a razor quickly and some will never "know" it because they're not smart or whatever.

I think people, if they understand the intent of the question, and are offered examples could easily give a more or less accurate view of their experience with the razor, but a view of their experience sufficient to qualify their review.

How many times have you shaved with the razor you're reviewing?
  1. 1
  2. 1-5
  3. 6-10
  4. 11-30
  5. 31-50
  6. 51-100
  7. 101-199
  8. hundreds of times
  9. thousands of times
  10. never
There are lots of ways to do it, Grant. I have no idea that what I'm suggesting is the best way or even a good way, but it is simple, and it would give me an idea of the reviewer's experience with the razor were the reviewer to pick one of the answers listed above.

"Take a vintage razor, for example. It's worn with age and time and has some plating issues. When the user judges the plating, should he give a lower rating because he's judging the razor as it is, or should he imagine what it was like in its original condition and judge that? (I'm guessing that we have the user judge the razor as it is.)"

I think the only way a person can review something is "as it is." Anything else is speculation.

I might have a question like this:

How did you acquire this razor?
  1. I purchased it new.
  2. I purchased it used but in excellent or like new condition.
  3. I purchased it used and had it professionally restored.
  4. I purchased it used; it looks bad, but works well.
  5. It was given to me as a new razor.
  6. It was given to me used by in excellent or like new condition.
  7. It was a gift, and looks bad, but works well.
  8. It is a piece of junk but I'm giving it a try.
  9. I stole it.
  10. Other (please specify)

And maybe another question like this?

What kind of shape is your razor currently in?
  1. New/mint.
  2. Like new almost, very minor wear.
  3. Not new but still great.
  4. Worn, user grade, but still functions perfectly.
  5. Quite imperfect but adequate as a shaver.
  6. Barely useable junk.
  7. Junk which nobody should be shaving with but I'm up for it anyway.
  8. It's a mint museum piece and I should sell it for a million bucks.

Gotta get back to work. Otherwise I can't buy an soap when I run out in 3018.

Great ideas, Jim! Thanks! I'll chew on this later and get back to you.

The latest text-only version of the proposed safety razor survey is below. Thanks, Jim and Mike, for your help. (We keep making this better and better!) The following changes were made:
  • Added "Unofficial Badger & Blade (B&B) Safety Razor Survey" section placeholder
  • Added "B&B Member Information" section
  • Split "Electric Razors" into "Foil Electric Razors" and "Rotary Electric Razors"
  • Changed from the more complicated and open metric of measuring usage by time and the number of shaves per unit time to simply offering a drop-down menu with reasonable options for the number of shaves
  • Added metrics for the acquisition method of the razor and handle
  • Replaced "Known or Suspected Differences from Original Condition" textual metric with "Apparent Condition" numeric metrics for the razor and handle relative to original condition. These numbers should help provide context for the other ratings.
  • Removed "Grain Directions" and "Pass Numbers" metrics and added "Pass Directions" and "Blade Angles Used with Pass Directions" metrics
  • Renamed "Angles" to "Blade Angle Usage"
  • Added placeholder for picture to show what shaving angles mean
  • Added "Approximate Total Time of Passes, Excluding Time between Passes" and "Blade Buffing Amount" metrics. The more that a user blade buffs, the higher the product of shaving stroke speed and total time. It will be interesting to compare this product against user input on blade buffing amount.
  • Added "Thank You!" section
These are known issues that still remain unresolved:
  • Collecting basic information that is independent of user opinion, such as manufacturing location, price, materials, construction, etc. I might try adding this next time.
Thoughts?

>>>>> UNOFFICIAL BADGER & BLADE (B&B) SAFETY RAZOR SURVEY <<<<<

[B&B logo with website URL]

[Very brief introductory text about what follows and how the data matters. Mention how the survey was created by B&B members, but is not official.]

>>>>> B&B MEMBER INFORMATION <<<<<

1. My B&B Member Username:

2. My E-Mail Address for Receiving a Copy: [Note how this information will not be collected or shared, but is only used for sending the user a copy of survey responses. The user does not have to provide an e-mail address if he/she doesn't want to.]

>>>>> GENERAL SHAVING EXPERIENCE <<<<<

3. My experience with a wide variety and large number of razors and blades (single number on a scale from 0 for no experience to 10 for being an expert):
* Double-Edge (DE) Safety Razors:
* Gem and Gem-Like Safety Razors:
* Injector Safety Razors:
* Artist Club (AC) Safety Razors:
* OneBlade Safety Razors:
* Traditional Straight Razors:
* Straight Razors with Replaceable Blades:
* Cartridge and Disposable Razors:
* Non-Cartridge Multi-Blade Razors:
* Foil Electric Razors:
* Rotary Electric Razors:

Drop-down menu for number of shaves:
* 4 to 7
* 8 to 14
* 15 to 30
* 31 to 60
* 61 to 120
* 121 to 240
* Hundreds
* Thousands
* Tens of Thousands

4. Approximate or exact number of times that I have shaved (for each category, pick from the drop-down menu described above, which will ultimately be next to each category):
* Foil Electric Razors:

5. Approximate or exact number of different razors that I have used:
* Foil Electric Razors:

6. Approximate or exact number of different BLADES that I have used:
* OneBlade Safety Razors: N/A
* Traditional Straight Razors: N/A
* Cartridge and Disposable Razors: N/A
* Foil Electric Razors: N/A
* Rotary Electric Razors: N/A

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR AND BLADE SELECTION <<<<<

7. Safety Razor (or Head) Manufacturer and Model:

8. Adjustable Setting or Baseplate Option (If Applicable):

9. Handle Manufacturer and Model:
( ) Only stock handle for the razor
( ) One of the stock handles for the razor: [Type in Option]
( ) Not a stock handle for the razor: [Type in Manufacturer and Model]

10. Acquisition Method of Safety Razor (or Head):
( ) I purchased it
( ) I received it as a gift and not an inheritance
( ) I inherited it
( ) It was loaned to me
( ) I stole it accidentally or on purpose
( ) I don't know or I don't remember

11. Acquisition Method of Handle:
( ) I purchased it
( ) I received it as a gift and not an inheritance
( ) I inherited it
( ) It was loaned to me
( ) I stole it accidentally or on purpose
( ) I don't know or I don't remember

12. Approximate or exact number of times that I have used the razor:
( ) 0
( ) 1
( ) 2
( ) 3
( ) 4 to 7
( ) 8 to 14
( ) 15 to 30
( ) 31 to 60
( ) 61 to 120
( ) 121 to 240
( ) Hundreds
( ) Thousands
( ) Tens of Thousands

13. Approximate or exact number of different blades that I have used with the razor:

14. Blade that works best with the razor for me and that goes with my ratings (or blades that work best with the razor and that seem identical in the razor to me):

>>>>> HAIR AND SKIN <<<<<

15. Areas of my body that go with my hair and skin ratings and my ratings for the selected combination of safety razor and blade:
[ ] Face (and front of neck)
[ ] Head (and back of neck)
[ ] Legs
[ ] Other

16. Overall Hair Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough):

17. Overall Hair Density (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely sparse to 10 for extremely dense):

18. Overall Hair Direction Complexity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely simple to 10 for extremely complex):

19. Overall Hair Growth Rate/Speed (single number on a scale from 0 for slowest to 10 for fastest with 5 for average):

20. Overall Skin Toughness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely weak to 10 for extremely tough):

21. Overall Skin Sensitivity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely insensitive to 10 for extremely sensitive):

>>>>> HANDLE OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

22. Overall Rating of Handle (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal):

23. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price):

24. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool):

25. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

26. Apparent Condition (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely worn or damaged to 10 for brand new or like new):

27. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface):

28. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating):

29. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

30. Length (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

31. Diameter (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

32. Shape (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

33. Grip (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best):

>>>>> SAFETY RAZOR OVERVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION <<<<<

34. Overall Rating of Safety Razor (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for phenomenal):

35. Value (single number on a scale from 0 for awful or a total rip-off to 10 for phenomenal for its price with 5 for appropriate for its price):

36. Fun and Coolness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely boring and uncool to 10 for extremely fun and cool):

37. Materials (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

38. Apparent Condition (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely worn or damaged to 10 for brand new or like new):

39. Surface Condition with Respect to Imperfections and Machining Marks (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed surface to 10 for flawless/perfect surface):

40. Plating Condition (If Applicable) (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flawed plating to 10 for flawless/perfect plating):

41. Weight (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

42. Balance (single number on a scale from 0 for awfully balanced for me to 10 for perfectly balanced for me):

43. Direction of Imbalance (If Applicable):
( ) Top heavy (towards top of cap)
( ) Bottom heavy (towards bottom of handle)

44. Compatibility of Head with Non-Stock Handles (single number on a scale from 0 for only compatible with stock handle(s) to 10 for apparently compatible with all standard handles):

45. Precision and Fit of Pieces, Not Including Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for worst to 10 for best):

46. Fit of Blades (single number on a scale from 0 for no blades fit to 10 for all suitable blades fit):

47. Blade Alignment (single number on a scale from 0 for awful to 10 for perfect):

>>>>> CONTROL AND LEARNING CURVE <<<<<

48. Blade Rigidity (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely flexible to 10 for extremely rigid):

49. Ease of Maintaining Control (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to control to 10 for easiest to control):

50. Agility/Nimbleness (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely clumsy/awkward to 10 for extremely agile/nimble):

51. Head Comfort (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable):

52. Ease of Learning (single number on a scale from 0 for most difficult to learn to 10 for easiest to learn):

>>>>> OPERATION OF RAZOR-BLADE COMBINATION <<<<<

53. Pass Directions (WTG = with the grain, XTG1 = across the grain one way, XTG2 = across the grain the other way, ATG = against the grain):
* Pass 1: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 2: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 3: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 4: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 5: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 6: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 7: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 8: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 9: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG

[Placeholder for picture that shows what blade angles mean]

54. Blade Angles Used with Pass Directions:
* WTG: [ ]Shallow [ ]Neutral [ ]Steep
* XTG: [ ]Shallow [ ]Neutral [ ]Steep
* ATG: [ ]Shallow [ ]Neutral [ ]Steep

55. Blade Angle Usage:
[ ] I don't know the angles that I use with the razor [unchecked by default]
* Shallow-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Cap"): [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Neutral-Angle Shaving: [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"): [#] % of shave [required if user knows angles]

56. Pressure (single number on a scale from 0 for seemingly no pressure to 10 for extreme pressure):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:
* Steep-Angle Shaving ("Riding the Guard"):

57. Speed of Strokes (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely slow to 10 for extremely fast with 5 for average):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

58. Approximate Total Time of Passes, Excluding Time between Passes: [#] minutes

59. Blade Buffing Amount (single number on a scale from 0 for none to 10 for extreme amount):

>>>>> DETAILED EFFECTS <<<<<

60. Aggressiveness of Razor-Blade Combination as Operated by Me (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely mild to 10 for extremely aggressive):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

61. Efficiency of Cutting Hair (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely inefficient/ineffective to 10 for extremely efficient/effective):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

62. Gentleness to Skin (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely harsh/irritating to 10 for extremely gentle/comforting):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

63. Ability to Prevent Bites, Nicks, Cuts, and Weepers (single number on a scale from 0 for no ability to 10 for phenomenal ability):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

64. Blade Feel (single number on a scale from 0 for no blade feel to 10 for extreme blade feel):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

65. Audible and Vibrational Feedback (single number on a scale from 0 for no feedback to 10 for extreme feedback):
* Neutral-Angle Shaving:

>>>>> OVERALL RESULTS <<<<<

66. Closeness of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for stubble everywhere to 10 for baby butt smooth (BBS)):

67. Comfort of Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for extremely uncomfortable to 10 for extremely comfortable):

68. Satisfaction with Shave (single number on a scale from 0 for least satisfied to 10 for most satisfied):

>>>>> OTHER INFORMATION <<<<<

69. Photographs, Pictures, and Videos That I Have Made (content and links):

70. Measurements That I Have Made (masses, lengths, blade gap, etc.):

71. Comments:

>>>>> THANK YOU! <<<<<

[Placeholder for thank-you picture]

[Include text about receiving a copy if an e-mail was provided]

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
53. Pass Directions (WTG = with the grain, XTG1 = across the grain one way, XTG2 = across the grain the other way, ATG = against the grain):

I'm not sure, Grant, what to do with this, how to answer it.

I assume I put a mark in the box next to the direction I'm going in for each pass, but, in reality, all of my passes are in all of the indicated directions.

I go N-S on the 1st pass, but my whiskers dictate that N-S is WTG, ATG, and XTG (x2), depending on where I am on my face, jawline, or neck during that pass. The next two passes are worse because I become increasingly jiggy and go in multiple directions.

Should we have a question asking what the razor is make of. Some razors are made in, for instance, both aluminum and stainless steel.

The survey is really looking good, Grant. It's becoming more and more a really good instrument.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm not sure, Grant, what to do with this, how to answer it.

I assume I put a mark in the box next to the direction I'm going in for each pass, but, in reality, all of my passes are in all of the indicated directions.

I go N-S on the 1st pass, but my whiskers dictate that N-S is WTG, ATG, and XTG (x2), depending on where I am on my face, jawline, or neck during that pass. The next two passes are worse because I become increasingly jiggy and go in multiple directions.

Should we have a question asking what the razor is make of. Some razors are made in, for instance, both aluminum and stainless steel.

The survey is really looking good, Grant. It's becoming more and more a really good instrument.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Those brackets represent checkboxes. The user will check which directions apply for each pass. I think that it would be clear with the checkboxes and with more space. In your case, you'd check all boxes. In my case, it would look like this:

* Pass 1: [ ]WTG [x]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [ ]ATG
* Pass 2: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [x]ATG
* Pass 3: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [x]ATG

Someone that does XTG in one direction and then XTG in the other and then ATG would do this:

* Pass 2: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [x]XTG2 [ ]ATG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks, Jim. Those brackets represent checkboxes. The user will check which directions apply for each pass. I think that it would be clear with the checkboxes and with more space. In your case, you'd check all boxes. In my case, it would look like this:

* Pass 2: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [ ]XTG2 [x]ATG

Someone that does XTG in one direction and then XTG in the other and then ATG would do this:

* Pass 2: [ ]WTG [ ]XTG1 [x]XTG2 [ ]ATG

I would maybe put directions saying more than one box can be checked or something like that.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My first pass is N-S. Which is WTG to my jawline, then XTG at my jawline gradually moving to WTG again at and under my chin.

Second pass S-N is the reverse. XTG on the side of my neck moving to ATG on my cheeks and directly ATG under my chin and up it.

Third pass moving R-L right side, L-R left side at and below my jawline staying directly ATG as I shave.

The XTG1 and XTG2 I'm not sure I understand...

The XTG1 and XTG2 I'm not sure I understand...

XTG1 is noted as being across the grain one way and XTG2 is the other way. I was trying to give users the ability to say that they go one way XTG in one pass and then XTG the other way in another pass, but that would be implied, I guess, by a user saying that he/she goes XTG in repeated passes. So, I should just put it back to XTG (not XTG1 and XTG2), right?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Any issues that you can see with the other additions and changes?

#11 I'm not sure about. Its seems like theres an option missing maybe. Most that buy a razor, buy the handle and head together, so the handle "Acquisition Method" should have that option.

58. Approximate Total Time of Passes, Excluding Time between Passes: [#] minutes - I'd have no idea what to put here. Why not a time for the total shave? I think that would be more user friendly.

#11 I'm not sure about. Its seems like theres an option missing maybe. Most that buy a razor, buy the handle and head together, so the handle "Acquisition Method" should have that option.

I should add an option or two related to the safety razor head or safety razor as a whole. You're right. Thanks. I thought that maybe I could get away with the same list, but oh well. :001_smile

58. Approximate Total Time of Passes, Excluding Time between Passes: [#] minutes - I'd have no idea what to put here. Why not a time for the total shave? I think that would be more user friendly.

I want the actual shaving time. I don't want lathering time, prep time, cleanup time, etc., in there, only an estimate of the actual shaving time when the razor is being used. Time of the total shave is not bad, and maybe we'll ask for that, too, but razor-usage time is best for analytical purposes. How about these metrics?...

Approximate Time of Entire Shaving Process: [#] minutes

Approximate Time of Razor Usage during Shaving Process: [#] minutes

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I thought that maybe I could get away with the same list, but oh well. :001_smile

17-slacker.jpg

No slacking off now! lol

How about these metrics?...

Fatip Grande;

Approximate Time of Entire Shaving Process: [3] minutes

Approximate Time of Razor Usage during Shaving Process: [2:30] minutes

:)

No slacking off now! lol

:001_tongu

Fatip Grande;

Approximate Time of Entire Shaving Process: [3] minutes

Approximate Time of Razor Usage during Shaving Process: [2:30] minutes

Wow! You are QUICK, Mike! :laugh:

With "[#] minutes", you'd have to enter 2.5 instead of 2:30 for your razor usage. Would you be thrown off by that? Or do we need to have "[#] minutes and [#] seconds" as the input?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Would you be thrown off by that? Or do we need to have "[#] minutes and [#] seconds" as the input?

Single buffing pass ATG. Three minutes tops lol.

Nope not at all. I actually typed in 2 1/2 and 2.5 but my OCD made me type it as minutes and seconds lol.

Top Bottom