What's new

Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) - How would you RATE its AGGRESSIVENESS?

The original Fatip Piccolo (Mk 1) has an aggressiveness rating of 7.5 in B&B's ShaveWiki table of DE razor aggressiveness ratings. Since the last update to the table was on August 20, 2015, and since the cap of the Fatip Piccolo was widened sometime in late 2016, we do not have an aggressiveness rating for the current version of the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2). I will be publishing my measurements, analysis, and review of the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) in the near future. It would be nice to include the community's overall rating of the razor's aggressiveness.

If you are an experienced user of DE razors who can fairly rate the aggressiveness of the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2), please reply with your rating on a scale from 1 (extremely mild) to 10 (extremely aggressive).

The ratings collected here will be used to generate an overall (median or average) value to be included in the ShaveWiki. Thanks for your help! :001_smile

I would rate it a 4 or 5 at most. IMO its not as aggressive as a pre 2015 Merkur 37c / Razorock German 37.

Maggard has a review of it on youtube and rates it a 4.

I would go with a 4/5 myself with the new version. The older was 7/8 for me. I have both. The one mm wide cap has dramatically changed the shave dynamics

I would go with 6. The Fatip, especially the OC is a very deceivingly aggressive razor. The shave is smooth and one can easily breeze through three passes and IF the technique is off (maybe because it is too early or you are hung over or preoccupied), you CAN really create a bloody mess. The Gentile is less aggressive and that one I would peg at 4/5. But the Mk2 OC is still a biter if one doesn't pay very close attention (or uses substandard shaving soap etc).

I would peg it at a 5. Easy and intuitive to find the angle, efficient, and I don’t find that it easily bites (I think a lot of the notoriety on this is based on the pre 2016 MK 1). As a side point, I recently purchased my Fatip, and the finish is absolutely flawless, and no blade alignment issues (again, contrary to the prevailing talk). Best $20 or so I’ve spent on a razor for sure. For what it’s worth, I would peg its cousin the Schone at a 4.

I've been contemplating getting this razor for some time now. Can anybody compare it's aggressiveness to some of my preferred razors Gillette New Improved, Gillette Fatboy on 8, RR 37 or PAA BOCS?

Thanks for the ratings so far, guys. Your feedback is helpful and interesting.

If you are an experienced user of DE razors who can fairly rate the aggressiveness of the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) and haven't done so yet, please reply with your rating on a scale from 1 (extremely mild) to 10 (extremely aggressive).

Thanks. :001_smile

I am not sure I am qualified to rate the aggressiveness but I will give my 2 cents. I have an R41, most aggressive razor I have ever used. Compared to the R41, the Piccolo is slightly less aggressive. So, I would go with a 5/10 for the Piccolo base on my limited experience with aggressive razors.

5/10 and nowhere near as aggressive as the R41 2013 model as many insist.
I don't think "many" people find the Fatip v2 nearly as aggressive as the 2013 R41 - in fact, I don't think anyone who has both puts them in the same ballpark.

I have (and love) both the Fatip v1 and 2013 R41. I find the Fatip v1 is one or two numbers less aggressive than the 2013 R41, and from what I'm reading here, the v2 is about two numbers less than the v1.

I've been contemplating getting this razor for some time now. Can anybody compare it's aggressiveness to some of my preferred razors Gillette New Improved, Gillette Fatboy on 8, RR 37 or PAA BOCS?

I would say it is very close to the NI.

M

member 119848

I would rate the Fatip Mk2 with a 5 in terms of agressiveness.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. :thumbup1:

If you can fairly rate the aggressiveness of the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) and you haven't done so yet, please reply with your rating on a scale from 1 (extremely mild) to 10 (extremely aggressive). Thanks.

Top Bottom