What's new

4 Lord Platinum Blades Compared - Are They The Same?

Lord sells their own inexpensive DE razors that emulate the Tech and 34c, just a bit more aggressive. Maybe that is the target for their blades?

Anyway, I tried the Silver Stars and they seemed quite good so I have stayed with those. They seem to be along the same lines as the Astra Stainless in the blue pack. Match up well with Fatip razors.

Which Shark blades are you referring to? The Platinum and Stainless Steel Shark blades are completely different blades.

I personally hate the Shark Platinums but the Shark Stainless blades are pretty good. HUGE difference between the two IME.
My experience has been inverse to yours. I love the Shark Platinums but hate the Shark Stainless Steels.

I guess that's what makes this hobby so interesting. So much YMMV between individual hobbyists. 🙂

Which Shark blades are you referring to? The Platinum and Stainless Steel Shark blades are completely different blades.

I personally hate the Shark Platinums but the Shark Stainless blades are pretty good. HUGE difference between the two IME.
From what I remember I tried both and had problems with them. I also tried the Big Ben, Silver Star, and Racer, Crown and ASCO and found them not to be great. In general, they are all highly rated (as is Derby), so the issue is probably somewhat specific to my skin and beard. The Gillette blades work very well for me; for some reason I don't do well with the Lords.

Last edited:
These two
I find the Class ones so much better and one of my fav of the Lord blades compared to the one without the Class on it

The packaging is confusing on the Lords :)

img_6765-jpeg.1585947

try an entire package of them through the tech and see how you feel when you toss the last one out.

I actually have picked up a second tuck just to see. So many razor / blade combinations to try and too little time. I will probably shave my experiments for Shark Week next year, but it's on my "to do" list.

I find the Class ones so much better and one of my fav of the Lord blades compared to the one without the Class on it

img_6765-jpeg.1585947

That's interesting. I never managed to get the "Class" despite ordering them a couple of times. I was always sent "New Platinum" instead. It does look like there is a difference though, in terms of the wraps and the printing on the blade. And you think they shave different too?

If that's the case and "Class" didn't become "New Platinum", then I wonder what "Class" is in the current Lord lineup?

@Goblin
for me the difference was quite noticeable and for sure the confusion of the packaging being so close
hope ya can find a way to get them somehow just to as I say scratch that Itch and know for sure what they are like for you on your face :)

My experience has been inverse to yours. I love the Shark Platinums but hate the Shark Stainless Steels.

I guess that's what makes this hobby so interesting. So much YMMV between individual hobbyists. 🙂
I like the Shark Platinum they are sharper and last longer than the Shark Stainless with my course facial hair. Also did not find Shark Stainless particularly smooth. Refined shave actually ranked Shark Stainless poorly in durability.

The silver stars, how do they compare to different Gillette Russian blades or Personna Platinums (Israeli or German)? I hate to buy 100 blind.

The silver stars, how do they compare to different Gillette Russian blades or Personna Platinums (Israeli or German)? I hate to buy 100 blind.
If you have ever used a Gillette Platinum (Russian), they are somewhere in that vicinity for me, probably a bit more jarring. I think the Silver Star has a lot of value for the price.

Top Bottom