What's new

'Fall Back': It's Daylight Savings Time ;-)

Shifting goal posts. You maintain that people who do not like DST are:

1. Not early risers.
2. Are not outdoors.

I'm an early riser. I don't like early rising in the dark. DST makes it darker longer in the mornings. Therefore, I do not follow your argument that people who do not like DST are not early risers.

I'm not moving the goal posts.
What time do you consider early? I get up at 5 a.m. It's dark no matter what. Period. Morning daylight is irrelevant. The point of DST is to have usable daylight in the evenings.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm an early riser. I don't like early rising in the dark. DST makes it darker longer in the mornings. Therefore, I do not follow your argument that people who do not like DST are not early risers.

That's what I was thinking after seeing Traveling Man's post. The only "extra" daylight you get is if you get off of work earlier during DST.

What the clock says doesn't matter on how much daylight there is...Mother Nature don't care.

I hate the shifting of time schedules. My 8 hour shifts used to rotate forward every two months, then they went to rotating backward every three months, then to permanent shifts...for 4 months, then back to rotating backward every three months, then to the supervisors rotating forward and patrolmen rotating backward every three months, then to 12 hour shifts.

I left.

I have refused to participate in DST the last several years. I'm still a bit late on watching my TV shows...until now that DST is over.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What time do you consider early? I get up at 5 a.m. It's dark no matter what. Period. Morning daylight is irrelevant. The point of DST is to have usable daylight in the evenings.

Oops, you posted while I was typing.

SWMBO gets up at 3 a.m., like I used to when I worked days.

Now I let the birds chirping and the sun coming up wake me. :001_tt2:

I can't understand why anyone is really opposed to Daylight Savings Time. It takes about one day at either end to adjust. No big deal; it's just more pleasant having sunny evenings in the summer.

I think it works so well we should scale it up to season saving time. We should extend May and September to 3 months each, then we could get rid of January and February all together. We could also shorten up December, March, July and August. Beautiful weather year round :001_smile, not sure why no one has thought of this before. :wink2:

From 4:30 to 6:00. Morning daylight is very relevant when you're trying to do something outside in the morning. This will be the first morning in a few weeks that I don't have to use a flashlight. Try loading hay from an unlit barn in the dark, as we had to do when the US last tried DST for the whole year. And this morning I don't have to look so sharp for deer on the way to work.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Getting dark (almost complete) at 5pm doesn't seem like extra daylight in the evening hours to me.

Oh, and the moving goal posts, you went from my objecting to your claim that those who don't like DST aren't early risers to arguing for DST, as though my observation that I'm an early riser who doesn't like DST was an attack on DST.

Oh, and the moving goal posts, you went from my objecting to your claim that those who don't like DST aren't early risers to arguing for DST, as though my observation that I'm an early riser who doesn't like DST was an attack on DST.

Addendum
This is a rely to Traveling Man, not to Rhody. I left off to do one of those morning chores.

Yep, I remembered to set the clocks back. It's nice when some are automatically set back. I got adjusted to the change by spending more time in bed. I know, pretty rough!

I said "I bet the majority" ... I didn't say "I know for a fact that all" ... it was a generic statement.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I hate this time of year. As a second shifter, I don’t care what time the sun comes up. I just hate that it gets dark at 1800.

Top Bottom