What's new

Daylight Saving Time starts Sunday Morning

As a reminder, DAY LIGHT SAVING TIME starts on Sunday morning March 10th at 02:00 am. Be sure to set your clocks ahead accordingly.

Also, and more importantly, TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR SMOKE/FIRE/CO ALARM.

As a volunteer Fire Fighter EMT, I would be derelict if I did not remind you. Most house fires I go to have dead batteries in their detectors and the few extra minutes with an alarm sounding could mean the difference in life and death. YOURS and your FAMILIES

Bring it.
I've been feeling like crap the last few months. I've been lethargic and can't catch my breath. The docs did a chest x-ray, and I had to do a pulmonary function test. Everything was clear. We've been in the middle of winter with overcast days and terrible weather since just after Christmas. Finally, they did a blood test. My vitamin d - much of which comes from sun exposure - was extremely low. The lower end of the count is supposed to be 30. Mine was 17.
Bring on sun and warm weather so I can get outside.

I never have really understood the losing an hour of sleep argument. It's done on Sunday morning for a reason. Most people don't have to set an alarm clock on Sunday morning. Some do, so they do get hosed. Otherwise, sleep a little longer. Most church services don't start until between 9-11. If someone is in bed that long, they need to get up, anyway.
Turn in a half hour earlier Saturday night. Sleep a half hour later on Sunday. You still get the same number of hours your body craved. Problem solved.

Bring it.
I've been feeling like crap the last few months. I've been lethargic and can't catch my breath. The docs did a chest x-ray, and I had to do a pulmonary function test. Everything was clear. We've been in the middle of winter with overcast days and terrible weather since just after Christmas. Finally, they did a blood test. My vitamin d - much of which comes from sun exposure - was extremely low. The lower end of the count is supposed to be 30. Mine was 17.
Bring on sun and warm weather so I can get outside.
If you're feeling lethargic I think one less hour of sleep is the ticket to freedom.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for the reminder regarding smoke detectors. Ive been meaning to swap out mine with the photoelectric type.
as for DST
yuck i want my hour back!

I won't get an hour less sleep. I will wake up whenever body is ready to get it. It's not a weekday where I have to set an alarm clock.
Well, if that's the case my body must be ready two or three times per night. It's a little frustrating. I envy you hard sleepers.

Well, if that's the case my body must be ready two or three times per night. It's a little frustrating. I envy you hard sleepers.

Ohhhh, I'm not a hard sleeper. I guess I should have clarified waking up for the final time and actually getting out of bed.

As much as I look forward to longer days, I really hate losing that hour of sleep.

The days are the same length, whether DST or standard, it just stays light later in the evening.
It takes me a while to adjust to the time change, usually about October when it changes back :001_cool:

The days are the same length, whether DST or standard, it just stays light later in the evening.
It takes me a while to adjust to the time change, usually about October when it changes back :001_cool:
By, "longer days", I mean more daylight. Obviously, a day is still 24 hours either way. ;)

Don't lose an hour of sleep. It is too important to your health. Go to bed an hour early this evening to accommodate. There is nothing worth watching on TV unless you are a fan of the Celtics or Lakers.

The advice about your Smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide detectors is well worth heeding. It may save your life or that of your loved ones.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm one of those wackos that prefers sunlight in the morning and darkness at night, rather than the other way around.

I do get a kick out of those who believe that priests are the only ones who work Sundays and that the rest of us are sailors who can lie down and sleep on command.

I'm one of those wackos that prefers sunlight in the morning and darkness at night, rather than the other way around.

I do get a kick out of those who believe that priests are the only ones who work Sundays and that the rest of us are sailors who can lie down and sleep on command.

Our bodies try to follow a natural cycle of sleep and waking that is called the circadian rhythm that is determined by our biological clocks. Plants, animals and even some micro-organisms have a similar cycle of activity. For most of us, that cycle coincides with natural cycles of day and night. Our hunter-gatherer ancestors got up at dawn and went to bed soon after dusk.

With the advent of electric lighting, we can simulate daytime conditions 24 hours per day. Many people in society work shifts that contradict their natural wake/sleep cycle. What is even worse is those people who work jobs requiring rotating shifts in which they are scheduled to work a different shift each week. By the time their bodies adjust to the new shift, it is time to change to another shift. That can create all kinds of physical and psychological problems.

Fortunately, the change to and from DST is only one hour, so most of us can accommodate that change over a few days.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't lose an hour of sleep. It is too important to your health. Go to bed an hour early this evening to accommodate. There is nothing worth watching on TV unless you are a fan of the Celtics or Lakers.

The advice about your Smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide detectors is well worth heeding. It may save your life or that of your loved ones.
I would argue that if you’re a Lakers fan there is nothing worth watching on TV. :)

Top Bottom