What's new

F1-No more "Grid Girls"

I believe the term, "institutional sexism" is fitting here. If someone can't enjoy F1 without the grid girls, maybe they don't really like F1.

Maybe you have it backwards. Perhasp they should do away with the men in the racecars and keep the Grid girls?

Talk about discrimination, they fired all the women and kept all the men.

Last edited:
They should ban makeup.

That would dampen a lot of sexism.

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I believe the term, "institutional sexism" is fitting here. If someone can't enjoy F1 without the grid girls, maybe they don't really like F1.
I've been following F1 religiously since Jackie Stewart's time. I really like F1. I like other things too.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They should ban makeup.

proxy.php
Thanks, Mick. It's not bad enough that I can no longer fully enjoy Formula 1, now I can't enjoy dinner.

Your post isn't entirely without merit, though. At least I learned that Boris Karloff isn't dead.

proxy.php

shavefan

I’m not a fan

I cannot see how. Theses women are voluntarily doing a job. And, are an extremely small percentage of the F1 'institution'. Maybe if they formed a union...

With respect, I think your 2nd sentence is a cop out. I do not see where anyone gave you any reason to come up with that reasoning.

If someone doesn't enjoy a hamburger without the ketchup, they don't really like hamburgers.

If someone doesn't enjoy going to the beach without it being a sunny day, they don't really like the beach.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
They should ban makeup.

proxy.php

Ahhhhh, one of the most obvious examples of hypocrisy. Hollywood.

I wonder what their response would be if plastic surgery was outlawed...

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Couldn't we keep the grid girls and ban the Kardahians?

F1 is all about selling and sponsorship etc. I don't know who is keeping score of who is exploiting who but the powers that be have made a decision based, I guess, on being able to generate more profit.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

Why can’t I enjoy both? The women voluntarily applied for these jobs and from what I have read, enjoyed them.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t even know what a “grid girl” is. Did she get a little to close to the waffle maker?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
But what do they do? Roam around with no bras?

The grid girls are the lovely ladies who stand by the drivers while the cars are on the grid before the start of the race. They hold up a large plaque with the driver’s name/number/and usually car manufacturer or racing team info to help fans identify where the drivers are on the "grid". I've seen them holding umbrellas over the drivers during hot or rainy weather. Pit girls also promote the sponsors by wearing the sponsor's insignia/name/logo etc. on their uniform.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 8.37.41 PM.png

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ahhh ok. I can understand why they are axing them. I’ve never seen the start of an F1 race and I’ve only watched an estimated 10 minutes of a race in motion.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The grid girls are the lovely ladies who stand by the drivers while the cars are on the grid before the start of the race. They hold up a large plaque with the driver’s name/number/and usually car manufacturer or racing team info to help fans identify where the drivers are on the "grid". I've seen them holding umbrellas over the drivers during hot or rainy weather. Pit girls also promote the sponsors by wearing the sponsor's insignia/name/logo etc. on their uniform.

View attachment 890267

I think Brendon Hartley is going the same way as the pit girls. I was hopeful NZ would have another F1 driver but he's no Bruce McLaren. Then again he's still young.
Sorry to derail the tread with race talk. Back to the girls.....the beautiful girls. Such a shame to see them go.

Top Bottom