What's new

F1-No more "Grid Girls"

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I think Brendon Hartley is going the same way as the pit girls. I was hopeful NZ would have another F1 driver but he's no Bruce McLaren. Then again he's still young.
Sorry to derail the tread with race talk. Back to the girls.....the beautiful girls. Such a shame to se them go.

Yes, he's not doing very well is he?

OTOH, the girls were all winners. Were...

I think it must have been 1976 when I started getting into F1 (Hunt v Lauda) so at 15, grid girls were just wonderful. I have been at races where attractive young ladies roamed the grandstands dishing out free cigarettes, what great marketing!

Unless someone forces the girls to do the job, where's the issue? Otherwise, Liberty is just taking the bread out of their mouths (or their rice bowl away as we'd say here).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Watch a car drive around in circles or stare at a grid girl?
just go to a strip joint fellas
Lol

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Watch a car drive around in circles or stare at a grid girl?
just go to a strip joint fellas
Lol

My wife will let me watch and sometime watch with me a lot of motor sport.
There is no way she would approve of me going to a strip club or heaven forbid come along with me.

Do they have car racing at these strip joints you speak of?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My wife will let me watch and sometime watch with me a lot of motor sport.
There is no way she would approve of me going to a strip club or heaven forbid come along with me.

Do they have car racing at these strip joints you speak of?
Probably on the tv
Or at hooters

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Doesn't just about every NFL or NBA team has dancers?
The Steelers don’t. They win Super Bowls, and don’t need cheerleaders to get people cheering. Just play Steeler football (which they haven’t done the last few years)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Steelers don’t. They win Super Bowls, and don’t need cheerleaders to get people cheering. Just play Steeler football (which they haven’t done the last few years)
See? They nobody to impress.

If all of the jobs that are held by beautiful, shapley, attractive women are banned (modeling, advertising, sports/ancillary, TV, movies, promotion). What's left? CEO? mom/housewife? The first will employ maybe 10 women, the second has pretty poor pay and it is difficult to recruit prospects.

I think this is a huge tempest in a tea pot about getting rid of an anachronism. I'm not really interested in debating the finer points of gender politics, because that's fruitless, but from a practical point of view they seem to me to be nothing more than eye candy fulfilling an unnecessary role. I can understand why a lot of guys are getting upset since they seem to view it as an attack on a male institution, but it's not really something I can personally see getting upset over. I don't think cheerleaders and dancers are in the same category because they have to compete based on talent rather than how they look in a skimpy outfit.

I'm more concerned about the fact that, if I had a son, I couldn't put him into a boys only hockey team or scout troop, but I can put my daughters in all girl or mixed teams and troops if I wanted to. I think the grid girls going the way of the dodo isn't really something to get worked up about in the grand scheme of things.

Can't recall the last fat, ugly cheerleader I saw.

Well, I've seen a few cheerleaders that you wouldn't do a close up on even with a ton of makeup on, and fat isn't going to work when you have to do what they are required to do. Sure, there is some component of attractiveness, no argument there, but they have to work long hard hours training and working out and I can tell you that those women will out lift most guys in the gym as I used to workout with a squad. You don't just show up in a tight outfit and make the squad.

Can't recall the last fat, ugly cheerleader I saw.

proxy.php

Well, I've seen a few cheerleaders that you wouldn't do a close up on even with a ton of makeup on, and fat isn't going to work when you have to do what they are required to do. Sure, there is some component of attractiveness, no argument there, but they have to work long hard hours training and working out and I can tell you that those women will out lift most guys in the gym as I used to workout with a squad. You don't just show up in a tight outfit and make the squad.

And all this work and effort for less pay than a Walmart greeter makes. If they gain 3 lbs they are fired.

Top Bottom