What's new

F.O.C.S. Fiends

It was probably from the Polsilver blade because the Astra fits more easily. But even with the Polsiver I can still shave it's just that removing the blade isn't as easy and I can cut myself if i'm not careful. Other than that I don't see any problem but I wonder if the rest of the FOCS owners experience anything similar or the blades on their razors fit without any issues.

That sounds very nice.

D495B90B-D839-4970-BD5D-D1C3243EF9D0.jpeg
3E530DE5-4A5C-486D-8000-E4BB3537A168.jpeg
39240DEA-8DD4-4C67-9171-56FB4D8D97E2.jpeg

I've tried with another blade (Astra SP) and the results are much better although the blade can still get stuck but it isn't that hard to remove it like it was with the first blade (Polsilver SI). Should I be worried or that might just be one case isolated case?

I use Astra SP and Shark Platinum most of the time and there is a tiny amount of resistance between the blade and pins. Not an issue and the picture of your alignment looks great. Shave on new 🦊 fiend!

Many slants do the "blade grab" thing, and due to slightly differing blade dimensions it will vary.

Standard loading is:
  1. Cap on counter (pins up [and usually on a towel])
  2. Drop blade on cap (don't press it down)
  3. Drop baseplate on blade
  4. Screw handle on (don't worry about any noises)
Yeah what Cal said

I just had a really nice and very close shave with the Fatip. The Astra blades feel like the perfect middle blade for me. They are sharp and smooth, but not the sharpest or the smoothest out there. I also found out that the fat handle of my flat bottom Tech works on both of my Fatip heads. Probably not going to use them with that handle, but it's still something :D.

PM me your address and I’ll send you a few Shark Plats to try, to me they are the smoothest in my 2 🦊

I just had a really nice and very close shave with the Fatip. The Astra blades feel like the perfect middle blade for me. They are sharp and smooth, but not the sharpest or the smoothest out there. I also found out that the fat handle of my flat bottom Tech works on both of my Fatip heads. Probably not going to use them with that handle, but it's still something :D.

PM me your address and I’ll send you a few Shark Plats to try, to me they are the smoothest in my 2 🦊

Thanks for the offer, I have lots of blades on the way and the Fatip arrived today with a pack of Voskhod and Personna Platinum. I'm also waiting for 300x BIC Platinums which I consider to be the best blade that i've used in my Fatip OC and 200x Nacets. I also bought Gem Micromatic OC along with 100x SE blades. I think I should sell some of the razors that I no longer use to make some room for the new stuff. I really need to stop buying razors and blades :D.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Well gents, I decided to do an experiment. I love my FOCS. It had recently taken a back seat while I tried out the Yaqi Top Aggressive head:

View attachment 1173907

The Yaqi head feels about as aggressive as an R41. Muuuuch more efficient. And, paradoxically, I find it pretty gentle.

How did it stack up against the FOCS?

I shaved one half of my face with the FOCS, and one half with the Yaqi. And I honestly could not tell a difference between the two after the shave. Both were buttery smooth.

Only when I woke up this morning was I able to confirm that the Yaqi side had ever the smallest amount of hair less. Maybe. But for 10+ hours I couldn't tell. My wife thought the FOCS side was slightly closer.

So what is the point of this? The FOCS shaves way out of its "comfort league". It feels about as comfortable as a Tech, or an EJ. And yet its efficiency is way on the aggressive end of the spectrum.

Truly a unique razor!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201119_093343~2.jpg

:001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (@GAW9576 Custom Butterscotch Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Brush: The Tech Hive Butterscotch Beehive (26mm Tuxedo)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Post-shave Care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Fragrance: Reserve by Original Penguin

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The FOCS Rocks! 🦊

Superb shave! :cool:

I bought some aloe witch hazel. I am going to order some menthol crystals and make my own aftershave.

🦊 with a new Shark Platinum was superb with Taconic eucalyptus soap this morning.

I bought a FOCS recently and have shaved with it about 3 times now. Jury is still out, but I do like it. It’s not as smooth as I thought it would be, but it’s not terrible. It does provide a close shave. Not sure I could shave with it daily. Every other day will be no problem.

Don’t shoot me but right now I’m liking my ATT S1 a bit better. It is very smooth and efficient.

I bought a FOCS recently and have shaved with it about 3 times now. Jury is still out, but I do like it. It’s not as smooth as I thought it would be, but it’s not terrible. It does provide a close shave. Not sure I could shave with it daily. Every other day will be no problem.

Don’t shoot me but right now I’m liking my ATT S1 a bit better. It is very smooth and efficient.
What blades are you using?

Top Bottom