What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

Which handle are you talking about?
7C903346-2454-4CB0-AA30-B1C645299E74.jpeg

The difference between these two are the ferrules and the patent stamps.

R

romsitsa

Gillette New Deluxe (very rare Red&Black variant), any one seen this one. How many razors its made from?

It’s made from two razors. A Big Boy (twice as thick as a ball end) and a Milady/Norfolk. I know of three examples, including mine.

The 422 is a 422, worst case, 421.

Adam

This has nothing to do with shaving, so hopefully it will be able to remain more as a reminder.
Antique wood Split Buck Shot case / wood holder vintage wood and paper case | eBay
This seller is selling fishing weights, yet thinks they are selling "buck shot". I doubt the seller's intent is to be misleading, but they know their intent is not to be thorough enough to get it right.
US $8.99 |1box with leads Fishing Fish Lead Weight Split Shot Rig Sinkers Bass 7 Sizes 0.35 2.0g With Box Fishing Tackle Tool Outdoor-in Fishing Tackle Boxes from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
To be fair, the case says "SPLIT BUCK SHOT" on it, so I think the listing was just parroting that phrase (as opposed to making a claim about what the lead is used for).

There is a gold plated 3rd gen British Aristocrat listed in Buenos Aires.
The seller claims it works properly but I have to disagree, judging by the photos - does NOT work properly.
Buyer beware!

proxy.php

Whoever got the blue cased NEW #77 set today might as well show more detailed photos when he gets the set, eh!
Appreciate!

Whoever got the blue cased NEW #77 set today might as well show more detailed photos when he gets the set, eh!
Appreciate!

When I first saw that set it had zero bids on it. Shortly after it became clear that I was not the only one interested.

Attachments

• E9BF8264-2EA4-4074-B95F-8C1EF88B8AFA.png
    E9BF8264-2EA4-4074-B95F-8C1EF88B8AFA.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 113

Graydog

Biblical Innards
There are is "Ronin" eBay seller that offered a Buyer-Beware moment of the week:
Me: Can you send me an image of the top side of the guard?
"Ronin": Hi,what did you see on the razor?I can try to answer any questions,that you have. Thanks, **Username**
Me: I am just trying to gauge the condition of the guard. The pics are great with the cap and barrel, even the underneath of the guard.
Ronin: The guard is good,I think it is very good but maybe other people think so. Thanks, **Username**
Me: No further images?
Ronin: Nope.
Me: Thanks.

I've noticed this particular seller does piece items together, offers images that are not very revealing, and has on more than one occasion, misrepresented what they are selling:
"Sold a Franken Gillette claiming it was a real Gillette razor. NOT AS DESCRIBED"

As a participant on eBay, he has withdrawn 108 bids in the last 6 months, and 7 in the last 30-days. I knew better, but wanted to give the seller a try, as I had been interested in a few offering in the past. I guess I should have known better.

Has anyone else noticed that after an item fails to sell, the seller relisting the item for 3x the amount the item was originally listed at? For example, why would someone list an item for $150(+$30 postage) USD or $199(+$40 postage) CAD, not receive a bid, and then relist it for $341 USD or $450 CAD. Can someone help me understand this?

Has anyone else noticed that after an item fails to sell, the seller relisting the item for 3x the amount the item was originally listed at? For example, why would someone list an item for $150(+$30 postage) USD or $199(+$40 postage) CAD, not receive a bid, and then relist it for $341 USD or $450 CAD. Can someone help me understand this?
I imagine that they do it so that it appears higher in lists sorted by price something nice that has a high price might get more people to add it to their watch list. Also so when it fails to sell and they relist it, it will seem to be a big price drop.

All I can say is "Dang"!

It looks like one of our guys has it coming home to him. It is a shame the guard is damaged.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
All I can say is "Dang"!

It looks like one of our guys has it coming home to him. It is a shame the guard is damaged.
Thanks for posting this!

Top Bottom