What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Wow, this may be a record for a standard Fatboy. Hope it wasn't someone here.
Non-matching blades but at least it's "Shave Ready"!
Poor soul.

Seems a bit ridiculous, $285 for a nice cased Red Tip. Highest I've sold one for was about sixty.

It is very clean -- I will admit -- but still.

Wow, that does seem high. However, I can not recall the last time I saw one with 100% of the original paint intact.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
$1000 Red Dot, someone got their stimulus check :whistling:

www.ebay.com

Just a head up: a seller in Chicago, Illinois has up two gold replated toggles in nickel (I believe). He does not mention those are regular gold plated toggles. These are NOT originally plated by Gillette chrome toggles!

R

romsitsa

Just a head up: a seller in Chicago, Illinois has up two gold replated toggles in nickel (I believe). He does not mention those are regular gold plated toggles. These are NOT originally plated by Gillette chrome toggles!

Both are rhodium. Thick plating and overpolished.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Holy Mackerel, over $500? It's only a Diplomat!

1602371024159.png

Time to bust out one of mine, I reckon. :huh:

R

romsitsa

Four Mvltiplexes went away yesterday, from one seller. Given the rarity, at reasonable prices.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Four Mvltiplexes went away yesterday, from one seller. Given the rarity, at reasonable prices.

Can one use a standard blade? I notice those holding two-hole blades. Interesting history!

I saw this one on the bay as an "aristocrat" with a starting bid of 99 USD. It made me giggle. My guess is a NEW long comb head with a Star handle in an Aristocrat box.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 37
R

romsitsa

Can one use a standard blade? I notice those holding two-hole blades. Interesting history!

I'm not sure, the patent drawing shows a three hole blade with three or four smaller holes on each side to accept the screw. Given that the screw goes through the whole head and how the blades are spaced, there have to be more than one row of holes in the blades.
It could work with injector blades (much patience required).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I saw this one on the bay as an "aristocrat" with a starting bid of 99 USD. It made me giggle. My guess is a NEW long comb head with a Star handle in an Aristocrat box.
Yeah, those old Aristocrat cases fool a lot of folks, I see a fair number of Techs and Super Speeds billed as Aristocrats "in its original box" on the Bay. :facep:

Definitely the handle is from a Star. The head looks like a long comb New, but the picture doesn't give enough information to be completely sure.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
What a rip-off, $200 for a so-called "stainless" brass and zamak Merkur clone! Which part is stainless? Ouch, 55 sold!

We stand behind all of our items with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee .... Right ... zeepk.com, zeepk, and zeva Pakistan.

Careful out there, boys and girls.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
What a rip-off, $200 for a so-called "stainless" brass and zamak Merkur clone! Which part is stainless? Ouch, 55 sold!

We stand behind all of our items with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee .... Right ... zeepk.com, zeepk, and zeva Pakistan.

Careful out there, boys and girls.
Jackals

Top Bottom