What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

What are your thoughts on the Best after a run of boar?
It was in the to-sell bin. The experience of buying it had left a bad taste in my mouth, and after three or four uses, I wasn't wowed. Hadn't touched it in months. Today I came at it fresh. The lather was superb, and while there is a hint of scritch if I really press the knot hard into my face, I thoroughly enjoyed its scrubby feel and sheer density. A Duke 3 in Best was the first brush I ever really loved back in 2008 when I started wetshaving. I'm going to give this one a fair chance. Today's shave was such that I can't see why I'd have thought of selling it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBoar 2020 #19
Brush: Omega 10081 Silver Beehive Handle (23mm Boar)
20201223_123259~2.jpg

Really cool, and very reasonably priced, Omega Boar. :cool:

Shave #24, Christmas Eve. Different methods of loading boar with different kinds of soap are still very much experimental for me. Today I put a dollop of croap DG Massacre into the doughnut hole of a damp Omega Pro 49 and proceeded to face scrub and dip constantly for water. Worked well but took a lot of scrubbing.
Resizer_16088215772640.jpg

Shave #25 and Christmas Day. Used the Zenith B03-A26 boar with aluminum handle. Very dense brush. I went to put some croap in the doughnut hole of the damp brush knot to face lather. There is no such hole in Zenith brushes. Very dense knot. Not my favorite way of loading lather, but it works and is less sloppy as it allows adding of water gradually by dipping. Merry Christmas!
Resizer_16089127166830.jpg

Shave #26, and still in for a month of boars. And good Boxing Day to my fellow Canadians. I still am at a loss for how to best use croap and creams with a boar and so went to a hard puck of Puros RR today because it's so easy. This Zenith unbleached is like nothing else I own. The softest brush I have. Synthetics are super soft but don't splay as nice as this. Still kicking myself for not getting it in the olive wood handle. This brush definitely has a reknotting in its future.
Resizer_16090009510830.jpg

Top Bottom