What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

A SIM stick sighting, wish I still had a stick but alas I used mine up years ago.
Every now and then a NOS stick pops up at the german bay... that's how I got mine.

But the prices have ridiculously skyrocked. Nowadays, at times sellers ask for a retail price of 30 Euro per stick... which is a rip off imo. If you want me to I'll keep my eyes open and get back to you if a more reasonable offering comes up... 👍

Still in!

Great shave with my new Areffa soap from Ukraine and new Captain’s Choice copper bowl. Both ordered in Nov and delivered today. 👍

1670479710210.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving345/341
(100%)
GRUME December8/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SCBEddison (11)Razorock Plissoft 400
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Floïds the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in, but experiencing some itches and urges here and there. Particularly around razor heads - I saw the Yaqi Sentinel back in stock and I am very curious to know how it shaves, being somewhat of a WR2 clone (I mean that very loosely as gap and exposure are different, but the look is similar).

Anyway, momentous shave today with the Timeless. I had a fair amount of stubble today (indication that the Bolzano has had its best shave behind it)and so I thought to bring out my Timeless for Timeless Thursday or something. The Eddison blade up to bat for the 11th time.

The Timeless and the Eddison took no prisoners and I was already at CCS levels after the first pass to arrive at DFS+ on the second pass. The third pass took it for a homerun - not absolutely necessary - but sooo good and BBS was there again. Trouble areas were a bit more challenging for the blade, but still very decently done.

Very very nice shave indeed. I have seen a .68 OC baseplate and I am curious to know if it is any different from my .95 SCB.

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shaves today!

Still out.
Merkur Progress on 3 with Parker Platinum blade.
Yaqi 26mm best, using B&M Leviathan Soap.
Finished with PAA AA Bay Rum AS, man what a great shave. Sometimes things just come together in a beautiful way. Sometimes, they don't!!!!! Happy shaves Gents!!!

GRUME...Still In! 👍✌️💪
DecemBOAR day 8

PXL_20221208_155818908.jpg

Schick Krona
Super Iridium SS (5?)
Semogue SOC
The Club (A&E) Tibetan Temple

This soap was a Black Friday special last month. Here is the Ariana & Evans description:
"Notes: Tobacco leaf, honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, musk, frankincense, myrh, smoke, rose, patchouli, Himalayan cedar and hay." ...I was intrigued and ordered it.

When I opened the container I had a rush of memories from the 60's and 70's...... Cone incense burning at parties (now they call it aroma therapy)...Feeling Groovy...✌️...Love...don't trust anyone over 30...revolution...stay cool man...mini skirts...cute chicks...music in the air... turntables...albums...3 TV stations... and FM rock. It was an exciting and interesting era to come of age.

It is kinda mystical how scents and our other senses can trigger memories and emotions.

Do you recognize this guy? Here is a photo from that era.

AlfredENewmanHippy.jpeg

Onto the shave. A simple boar brush was common and the "modern" Schick Krona was probably being marketed to the younger generation at that time. The soap is well made and reminds me of incense smoke waffling in the air. I contained my reactive emotions and focused on the job at hand and experienced a DFS.
"It was far out man." ✌️
"Please take care of yourself and each other."-Lester Holt

I'm confident you can pick up any one of these and roll with it!
View attachment 1568892
LOL!
The story behind the current blade: I binned it after 17 shaves. I got over 30 shaves with the next one. Hmmm… so I retrieved the binned one, almost tossed it at 40, but then I was starting to get better shaves with it. ( And some say the second shave is the best with Feathers!) My next blade (if I live that long 😇) will be the one I binned before this one.

GRUME...Still In! 👍✌️💪
DecemBOAR day 8

View attachment 1569086

Schick Krona
Super Iridium SS (5?)
Semogue SOC
The Club (A&E) Tibetan Temple

This soap was a Black Friday special last month. Here is the Ariana & Evans description:
"Notes: Tobacco leaf, honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, musk, frankincense, myrh, smoke, rose, patchouli, Himalayan cedar and hay." ...I was intrigued and ordered it.

When I opened the container I had a rush of memories from the 60's and 70's...... Cone incense burning at parties (now they call it aroma therapy)...Feeling Groovy...✌️...Love...don't trust anyone over 30...revolution...stay cool man...mini skirts...cute chicks...music in the air... turntables...albums...3 TV stations... and FM rock. It was an exciting and interesting era to come of age.

It is kinda mystical how scents and our other senses can trigger memories and emotions.

Do you recognize this guy? Here is a photo from that era.

View attachment 1569091

Onto the shave. A simple boar brush was common and the "modern" Schick Krona was probably being marketed to the younger generation at that time. The soap is well made and reminds me of incense smoke waffling in the air. I contained my reactive emotions and focused on the job at hand and experienced a DFS.
"It was far out man." ✌️
"Please take care of yourself and each other."-Lester Holt
"What? Me worry??"

Top Bottom