What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

GRUME, Still In 💪
The 7th day of Decem🐽🐷🐖

PXL_20221207_141652654.jpg

PXL_20221207_141630801.jpg

Leaf "Twig" razor
1/2 Nacet blade (1)
Semogue 830
T&H 1805

Good Day Gents
The T&H 1805 and other items from Black Friday put me out GRUME last month but I am 💪 for the rest of the year and beyond.

About the shave-
I always enjoy using the Twig razor. Today I took my time and used some semi-XTG slant strokes and may be nearing the fabled BBS realm. The 1805 soap has a subtle (ocean?) scent but definitely works in the performance category. Look how nice the 830 brush is breaking in!

Take care of yourself and each other.

Making lather in a bowl. I face lather now, very little in the bowl unless I load the brush too heavily and scrape some into it.
@tjsgarden, I should further clarify: Recently I have been trying to produce a thin slick, almost pastelike lather. I had found myself making lather in a bowl, then face lathering, and sometimes adjusting with more water or soap to transform the lather to my target consistency. I was essentially making lather, then breaking it back down again. So I decided to skip the first step (the bowl lather) and just go directly to the face. I also think that the extra brush attention on the face might help soften whiskers, but I can’t prove it. One side benefit is I seldom have any leftover lather to discard now.

@tjsgarden, I should further clarify: Recently I have been trying to produce a thin slick, almost pastelike lather. I had found myself making lather in a bowl, then face lathering, and sometimes adjusting with more water or soap to transform the lather to my target consistency. I was essentially making lather, then breaking it back down again. So I decided to skip the first step (the bowl lather) and just go directly to the face. I also think that the extra brush attention on the face might help soften whiskers, but I can’t prove it. One side benefit is I seldom have any leftover lather to discard now.
LJ
I understand your point and agree that "the extra brush attention on the face might help soften whiskers".
I find it easier to access the development of the lather and make adjustments in a bowl.
The end result is a what counts and like you, I want a slick thin coat.

GRUME, Still In 💪
The 7th day of Decem🐽🐷🐖

View attachment 1568542
View attachment 1568543

Leaf "Twig" razor
1/2 Nacet blade (1)
Semogue 830
T&H 1805

Good Day Gents
The T&H 1805 and other items from Black Friday put me out GRUME last month but I am 💪 for the rest of the year and beyond.

About the shave-
I always enjoy using the Twig razor. Today I took my time and used some semi-XTG slant strokes and may be nearing the fabled BBS realm. The 1805 soap has a subtle (ocean?) scent but definitely works in the performance category. Look how nice the 830 brush is breaking in!

Take care of yourself and each other.
T&H 1805 is such a great fragrance.
I think the cream carries the frag just a bit longer, but that there is what I love about their pucks; the aroma dissipates just so to not interfere with the post-shave product.

Barrister and Mann's Leviathan in Omnibus base is really good. Smells like leather, coffee, and other manly stuff. Great scent although divisive. Smells like a 89 Jetta with leather seats that the previous owner smoked and spilled coffee in. The performance is outstanding however I highly recommend it.
Wow that sounds like a great scent, I had a 84 Jetta with cloth seats but it smelled like smoke and coffee too:biggrin1:

T&H 1805 is such a great fragrance.
I think the cream carries the frag just a bit longer, but that there is what I love about their pucks; the aroma dissipates just so to not interfere with the post-shave product.
It just so happens I have both the hard soap and the cream. The cream does have more of a forward scent than the puck.

When I became a GRUBFer last month, I ordered the soap but the vender sent me the cream. There was another slight mishap and I ended up getting the cream gratis of The Razor Company. They provided excellent service and I will definitely order from them again...if I ever need any more shaving items.

It just so happens I have both the hard soap and the cream. The cream does have more of a forward scent than the puck.

When I became a GRUBFer last month, I ordered the soap but the vender sent me the cream. There was another slight mishap and I ended up getting the cream gratis of The Razor Company. They provided excellent service and I will definitely order from them again...if I ever need any more shaving items.
I look forward to starting the New Year with my newly acquired Apsley Soap.
I've heard great things and it smells sophisticated

Top Bottom