What's new

Curious about your $$$ invested in this hobby.

it will be a year of wet shaving next month and the amount i have spent that is in my house currently is about $1,900-ish. thats what i have spent not what everything is actually worth. i would assume im closer to twice that if u think about how much everything is actually worth. i have spent much more than 1,900 in the year but i have bought and sold things so its hard to count all that other stuff.

heres to buying even more stuff in the next year of shaving heaven :a8:

Only about 6 weeks in, probably about $250. I have enough creams and soaps to last 2 years. Will focus on grabbing another brush (rudy very most likely) and a merkur (futur or vision) and that will be it for a long time. Hopefully, but probably not.

One thing I can't do is put a price on how much I look forward to shaving now. That trumps all (no pun)

I couldn't agree more. I've only been on B&B for a few weeks and have been DE shaving for the equal amount of time, but I've run up $200 in purchases. However, the fact that I am enjoying shaving for the first time in my life (a month ago you would have found me shaving twice a week), is priceless. Fortunately, I shave head and face, so if I want to try something new and can't wait for tomorrow's shave, I can always just shave my head.

I don't have the exact figure anymore, but in February I figured I had spent three times as much on DE shaving as I would have spent on Mach 3 cartridges in my first year, but had acquired four years worth of hardware and consumables, plus supported a shaving mug AD. I don't have a whole lot of extra stuff, except for mugs. I gifted a year of consumables to each of my nephews. I've got at least a year of soaps and maybe enough blades and aftershave to finish this year.

Well, I've tried the entire merkur line up I believe....of course bst most of them for small losses. I went through a SE phase for a while, didn't really go overboard in that realm, bst all for small losses. Brushes, now were looking at where my $$$ went!!! I hunk minus plisson, I've tried several from every major name out there, from Vulfix, kent, to Simpson and Rooney.......big, small and in between, if u want or need an opinion on a brush, chances are I've owned and tried it!! Of course selling most on the bst for small losses....I have 10-15 soap/creams now, down significantly from what it used to be. Sooooo I will estimate my current set up as I use now daily:

EJ89L, kent bk4, Astra plats x 100, and arko=$140 ish.......

I'm in for about $300 and just 3 weeks in. I hope that this rate slows down or else I'll be homeless with a bunch of sweet shaving gear. I guess you know you've got it bad when that thought doesn't bother you too much ;)

I'm in for about $300 and just 3 weeks in. I hope that this rate slows down or else I'll be homeless with a bunch of sweet shaving gear. I guess you know you've got it bad when that thought doesn't bother you too much ;)

yea it doesnt bother u at all but it sure does start to bother swmbo. lol she only gets annoyed when i spend like a couple hundred on one razor.

$140 on straights...
$60 in soaps/creams
$80=straight maintenance items
De..$25..4 DE's/1SE
3 years into wet shaving so far

I've really just started this year. Consequently, I have not yet spent much on gear. Probably my most expensive purchases this year have been a Merkur 38C from Excalibur Cutlery (for around $65 with blades), a Feather AS whatever from West Coast Shaving (for $179), some blades from West Coast Shaving (for around $85), and some product (Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS, Avalon shaving cream, etc., for probably around $40-50). All told, less than $400. Still, imagine all the Gillette Fusion multi-blade cartridges I could have bought! ;)

I think that is the equivalent of about 10 Fusion cartridges.:balloon:

I don't know what the dollar total is at this point, but I do know that now I enjoy shaving, something I didn't before, so that makes it well worth it.

I know this sounds funny, but I don't have a "shaving hobby." That said, I estimate that the total value (based on original price) of shave related items currently in the house is $175.00 for two razors, badger brush, assorted soaps, blades, WH and ASB.

For me,
somewhere a little over $100.Maybe less .But alot of stuff I already had before I started DE shaving.Im trying not to get carried away.Most of my stuff I returned due to skin reactions and stuff like that.

Top Bottom