What's new

Conan O' Brien & The Tonight Show

Yes, The LATE SHOW promo was unexpected and a riot.

I think you're likely exactly right about why they opted to install Conan. My guess is his contract was up, and he pushed hard for some sort of pledge to a date when the Tonight Show would be his after serving his time on Late Night.

I only worry so much about Conan given that he got millions to hang it up.
If my employer gave me $30 million to go home I wouldn't let the door hit me in the *** on the way out. But ego takes over at that level and he'll be back.

Can't feel too bad for the guy. Paying him that kind of change to quit...I'd take it in a heartbeat.

In fact, I'd sign a non-compete agreement that told me never to work again.

Can't feel too bad for the guy. Paying him that kind of change to quit...I'd take it in a heartbeat.

In fact, I'd sign a non-compete agreement that told me never to work again.

Yeah, but that's what's a hoot about show biz. Give most of us that kind of change, and we'll sit home collecting frags and razors.

But those TV egos need to be fed. He's not going to buy a ranch in Montana and call it a day.

Wow... I just read the first post of this thread... but Turner and Hooch was a classic.

If I was Conan, I would have taken the millions to quit. Gone to Fox and told them: "Give me that time slot. I will put Leno out of business. I'll also start writing for all your cartoons and prime-time sitcoms. You'll own NBC in a year."

Last edited:
Top Bottom