What's new

Netflix...Best Current Shows & Why You Like Them?

The Kominsky Method.

Thoroughly enjoy the humour and the Douglas Arkin chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I just watched The Devil Next Door...a serialisation of the arrest and trial of John
Demjanjuk. Absolutley riveting.
Was very interesting. Its interesting to see how things have changed in courts as far as records and DNA and such.

Just finished the first season of Deadwood. Love it. The performances are all superb but I have to be predictable and single out Ian McShane. Partly because before Sexy Beast he was only really known for this.

I'm now onto Ep. 4 of Deadwood Season 2 and I'm already sad that it was axed. :sad:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just finished the first season of Deadwood. Love it. The performances are all superb but I have to be predictable and single out Ian McShane. Partly because before Sexy Beast he was only really known for this.

I'm now onto Ep. 4 of Deadwood Season 2 and I'm already sad that it was axed. :sad:

deadwood (2).jpg

Ian McShane is awesome in Deadwood.

Finally finished watching Deadwood. What's so sad about seeing it finish is that there was clearly much more story to be told and so many programmes get made when they don't really have anything new or interesting to say.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Finally finished watching Deadwood. What's so sad about seeing it finish is that there was clearly much more story to be told and so many programmes get made when they don't really have anything new or interesting to say.

Yeah, cancelled way too soon. The movie didnt help much either.

Another good documentary series (3 episodes) I watched over the holidays
was DONT F**K WITH CATS (yes that is the title)

I thought it might be a musical but turned to be about one heck of a twisted
fellow from Canada....and how a bunch of bored amateurs on facebook came together
to expose him.

Warning: there are scenes of animal cruelty in it....very few, very brief and very grainy...not explicit.
If this bothers you please don't watch it....or just forward the film on those parts.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Another good documentary series (3 episodes) I watched over the holidays
was DONT F**K WITH CATS (yes that is the title)

I thought it might be a musical but turned to be about one heck of a twisted
fellow from Canada....and how a bunch of bored amateurs on facebook came together
to expose him.

Warning: there are scenes of animal cruelty in it....very few, very brief and very grainy...not explicit.
If this bothers you please don't watch it....or just forward the film on those parts.
This sounds sadly interesting.

"The Witcher" ended up pretty good. It's always hard to follow a book or a game series because there's expectation that varies wildly between player/reader. They've done a nice job capturing the look and feel I expected not only from the series of books, but also the games I've played.

"The Witcher" ended up pretty good. It's always hard to follow a book or a game series because there's expectation that varies wildly between player/reader. They've done a nice job capturing the look and feel I expected not only from the series of books, but also the games I've played.

Also enjoying it. Really comes together around episode 4. I tried playing the 3rd game, but was a little too complicated for me. May have to give it another shot.

After 12+ years of rentals and/or streaming, we cancelled Netflix late last month. For several years, their programming has been catering to a younger and younger audience and my wife and I no longer find enough shows we like to justify spending $120 a year. Acorn and Britbox are a much better deal for us.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
that character could make a sailor blush.

Yeah, he has a way with words lol. At the same time though can you think of anyone that could have played that part as well as he did? He was a perfect fit.

All the characters in that show were played perfectly. I really like Jane and the Doc. I'd never seen Robin Weigert in anything before. She really nailed it. Brad Dourif I think is an underappreciated actor.

This is an HBO show but the series just ended after 6 seasons so it might be coming to Netflix soon. Very well made, acted and written. Its also hilarious.

I thought Silicon Valley was great, too, and held up well across all six seasons. I agree, great cast and great writing. I have read numerous places that the series did a good job of capturing a lot about the real Silicon Valley. I would not personally know, but that makes me feel all the better about the series.

Vikings just hit Netflix (first two seasons), so I'm binging that to remind me, but then I want to watch Messiah, but I expect to be disappointed.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Vikings just hit Netflix (first two seasons), so I'm binging that to remind me, but then I want to watch Messiah, but I expect to be disappointed.

Vikings is a great show. The history of the characters is also very interesting. In some scenes with Ivar, you'll see the whites of his eyes glowing blue. That, apparently, was a symptom of the disease he had from birth. Osteogenesis imperfecta.

719951564e103deec93143c6ede7b135.jpg

Ivar the Boneless. - http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/vikings_10.html

I've watched Vikings from the start three times so far and will again.

Messiah is okay. It's a bit flat but not bad. It's hard to tell where it's going but it has the potential to be very good.

Top Bottom