What's new

Cobra resurrection

King and Classic Cobras for 259.99 and 234.99 marked as 'preorder, shipment in late July' on classic shaving. That makes them BOTH as most expensive modern feather SEs. I have a lot of sentiments to Cobra, especially Classic one since it was the only razor I used for nearly 4 years, but I don't use it now because of Asylum, General ATT Mongoose and rest of 3 pieces modern SE. I honestly don't understand who will by them for such a price. Cobra classic was a trailblazing razor, and it's a very good one, but Asylum RX is better in every aspect ( well, visually Cobra is unusual ).

Price-wise that great for someone who wants a "statement" razor. Myself I'm interested in SE's under $100, and prefer around $50 - $75.

Between the SS Hawk at &59.99 & the SS General, with their target price of $69, why would anyone need to spend big $ on AC-SE format razor?

Not really, the GEM format and the AC-SE format have entirely different feel to them. So in this instance you couldn't say that and be very credible, the only similarity I can see is they will both give you a shave in the same way a BIC disposible will and that won't even cost you 10 bucks.

My Cobra Classic my not be the best shaving razor in my collection (although it would make any top 10 list I might put together), but it is certainly the coolest. Old school construction (nickel plated brass) meets modern design and blade.

We're talking James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, Steve McQueen cool here (oops, I just lost everyone under 50). :thumbup1:

The Cobra is the razor that started this whole AC blade thing, and the Mongoose would not come along for several years.

There were said to be some quality issues with later releases, but the build quality on mine is fine.

When I first shaved with an Asylum Rx it immediately reminded me of the Cobra Classic. The CC is definitely more aggressive than the Mongoose, General, ATT SE1, Hawk, etc., but smoother than the Rx.

proxy.php

Despite all this love I would not place a pre-order even if I didn't already own one.

Classic Shaving started accepting pre-orders for the Cobras clear back in March, right after CS was acquired by The Grooming Network, a company with a mixed reputation (trying to be nice here). The ship date has already been pushed back from "June" to "late July" and who knows when they will actually ship.

--Bob

Top Bottom