What's new

What's your first and latest razor that make you wow?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The Colonial General -- their first effort -- an aluminum Artist Club SE. It was my introduction to wet shaving, and it set me firmly on the righteous path.

Most recently, I treated myself for my 70th birthday. I bought a titanium "Ti Efficient" from the Haircut-&-Shave outfit. Man, this thing shaves so well that it even beats my Blackbird by a tiny bit. Crazy efficient, very modest blade feel.
Their razors are also works of art. The first time I saw one, I did say “wow”.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My first “wow” razor was and continues to be the Claymore Evolution. Like you haven’t seen me post this before.

I think the next two related razors will be the British Flat Bottom Tech and the NEW raised flat bottom, also manufactured in England.

Those are the only three razors I’ve purchased. <eg>

Having little interest in trying dozens or hundreds of razors I seem to recall my first ball end Tech was a shaving revelation from the standard Flare tip SS I'd been using. But the one razor that I'm so glad I bought all those years ago is the Feather AS-D2. As I just posted in another thread, it's impossible for me to not get an amazing shave, especially with Feather blades, every single time. It's also, apparently, impossible for me to nick myself or get a weeper with that combo. When I bought mine, it was all of $120. The ONLY reason I don't use it daily is because shaving with the various vintage Gillettes I have is because they all take me back to an earlier time in life when I first started shaving and I like using old things that still work like they were supposed to. That said, I use modern blades.
I was wrong about the price of the AS-D2. I paid $140 and it was almost exactly 7 years to the day when I bought it (found it in my Amazon orders). You can still get them for $160-75, it seems.

Let me think...

perhaps the first was a Schick G. I just wasn't expecting an injector to shave that good. For AC format, the Vector - probably should've kept that one.

The only DE that's ever really WOWd me is my Wolfman 1.25 and still does. Every shave with that one is a wow. Sometimes I even say it backwards. Sometimes even upside-down... Mom ma Mia, what a shave!
:001_wub:

My first wow razor was probably a type L injector that I used about 20 years ago.....

The next was a long time ago and more recently a blackbird, he changed my mind about quitting double edged razors, I will look for a better double edged razor based on him.

The last wow was when I shaved with a stando rod and a feather professional blade super blade, the rod is taming that beastly blade, great😊

Let me think...

perhaps the first was a Schick G. I just wasn't expecting an injector to shave that good. For AC format, the Vector - probably should've kept that one.

The only DE that's ever really WOWd me is my Wolfman 1.25 and still does. Every shave with that one is a wow. Sometimes I even say it backwards. Sometimes even upside-down... Mom ma Mia, what a shave!
:001_wub:

Since it's too late to edit my post, I'll just amend. After further contemplation the Wolfman is not the only DE that's given me the WOW factor.

My Fatip Grande fits the bill. I'm always amazed that a razor with practically no blade gap can give such a close and smooth shave.

And obviously my Lupo 95 (SB and OC) continues to wow me or I wouldn't grab it out of the razor rack 75% of the time.

There are probably others... perhaps my Rocca - that one gives me great shaves consistently. Maybe even my Overlander, so smooth and intuitive. Ok, I'll stop... you guys get the picture. Haha.

edit: it just dawned on me: razors are a lot like women or motorcycles - they all have their own attractions, beauty, quirks and flaws. I think I love them all. Razors and motorbikes I mean. 😁

Last edited:
The first razor to wow me was the RazoRock Hawk V2. It was early in my wet shaving career and the first time using the Artist Club blade format. The results were a meaningful step up from my then DE experiences. Although by my current standards it would be considered a relatively mild shaver.

The latest that has wowed me is the Blackbird Ti. The first razor of any format to deeply clear my mostly challenging areas with a corresponding reduction of post shave shadow.
I just got a V2 and am loving it so far. My first AC, so I'm using the ProGuards for now. Only 2 shaves in, but think I'll be able to graduate to a regular blade soon. Any recommendations?

Like many others here on Badger & Blade, my first DE razor when I started with our wonderful hobby was my Merkur 34.
My current rotation is --- Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, Rockwell 6C, RazoRock Lupo .72, RazoRock Hawk SS V.3,
and a beautiful birth year 1955 Gillette Super Speed.
Now, ..... which razor really "wow'ed" me ? The 1955 Super Speed, absolutely perfect in every way ! Truly sublime !

8E022B56-E4B2-4433-A015-58EECFA1937F.jpeg
857022EC-3F6E-4FF2-AC5D-B7ECE38BD735.jpeg

First to wow when I was getting started, coming from cartridges was the Weber PH on the wave handle, good quality shaves.

Most recently to wow I’d say is the combination of mild blade feel coupled with efficient results of the Razorock .68P with barber pool handle

Top Bottom