What's new

What's your first and latest razor that make you wow?

My first wow razor was a 1959 Fatboy, which still wows me. And my latest wow razor is a Rex Envoy, which I plan on being my last.🤞

I just purchased an E2 1959 FatBoy from a B&B member on the BST Forum.
Looking forward to it being a nice companion to my 1955 A2 Super Speed Red Tip !

Latest "wow" for me is the stainless R41 GS. I think the added weight in the head and handle makes it even more efficient. Super enjoyable first shave with it this morning!

First- Gillette Tech (70s U.K. Spiral)
Lastest- Thick cap Old Type 3 piece. -no reason to ever buy another DE razor.

First: Muhle R41
Latest: Homelike Shaving Taiga Ti

The Rex Konsul is a wow-inducing razor as well, but I'm liking the Taiga a little more than the Konsul currently. We'll see if that changes in the future. To be honest, I have far too many really good razors right now, and it's difficult to choose the one that I want to use today much less a favorite.

Last edited:
The first one that surprised me was my very first DE razor, the Weishi in gunmetal grey. Compared to cartridges, it was a revelation. After that the next major surprise was the Tradere OC. The latest wow factor has been the RazoRock Lupo 95 OC.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I got the GC .84OC at the same time as the Lupo .95OC. I prefer the Lupo, but I've been sending a Gamechanger with a trio of baseplates around to help entice some of my friends into wet shaving :)

It's not bad...I like grabbing it on occasion, especially when I would like to shave, but my R41 or WR1 is a bit too much for a day or two of growth. Nice razor.

Top Bottom