What's new

Choosing a Gillette Tech?

Shaved with my English Flat Bottom Tech on Wednesday. Great shave. So close and comfortable.

A Flat Bottom Tech (and of course a Hybrid) are definitely on my "keep a look out for" list.

The mid-1950s English 'Heavy' Tech (63grams - see the 1956 #24 set at the @mr-razor site) is also quite good.

I have a 50's model Made in England Tech that I'm told was for French distribution that weighs in at 57grams.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thin Handle

Most cool. One of my English Flat Bottom Techs came with the Thin Handle. :)

I just posted a
Razor 1.jpg
made in Canada Tech the other day that I inherited from my father and shaved with for the first time. It has a thin, ball handle and neat Gillette etching on the head. Very neat I think.

Attachments

• Razor 5.jpg
    Razor 5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
These things were mass produced over quite a period of time so differences, even among the same type, can be found. My current Tech, the one I have kept from many, is an English 50's all brass Tech which shaves sublime. It shaves as well as my Game Changer .68 OC. Both give me astounding comfortable close shaves.

I'm not saying those 50's brass English Techs are the best. I'm saying mine is, compared to the many others I have tried.

Even modern razors can have differences. My GC .68 SB base plate isn't quite right. It feels and sounds different on one side and I can't see anything wrong with it. The OC transforms it into a smoother and closer shave.

I have a British made Tech made out of aluminum. It was my first razor and still gives me great shaves even after almost 10 years of ownership. I also have a Ball End Tech made in Argentina that feels like solid brass. It also shaves like a boss.

The Tech is my MOST used razor.
I’ve got 3 of them I use in rotation.
Admittedly I don’t know the details about them like other gents here do.
But I do know that they’re my favorite Gillette razor. Seriously! I would like to acquire a couple more, maybe through eBay....

Do you have any suggestion for a good inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner? Trying to decide by reading reviews on Amazon is like trying to decide on a razor blade by reading a B&B thread.
Don’t need an ultrasonic cleaner. Soak it in Dawn. Scrub it. Scrub it again w toothpaste. Shave

Top Bottom