What's new

CBLindsay's Journey into Mixed Blade Mastery

Monday 3/5/2018
Straight Shave #784

WD24mm Silvertip
Valobra Patchoulii
CBL GDmod "The Patriot"
LDGO (Cologne sample @cmh737 sent me, don't recal the actual name)

I have had a busy week with both work and home dishing out a fist full of stuff to do, so my journal has gotten behind. On top of the work load I find myself in that old funk, the good news is i really don't care much what soap i use so i have used up some of the samples. I finished a tester session for the new Lisa's Natural soap, it will be a buy for most of y'all. I also tucked into the Valobra Patchouli sample Chris H sent me. Valobra soap is awesome, i love the texture of the soap itself and the subtle soapy scent is always a win. The performance is just wicked good, make is soupy wet and let the shave commence. I've used the sample enough it is nearly gone, i think i may stick it out and finish it tomorrow.

I had the pleasure of test driving one of Chris H's Genco's this weekend, the huge blade is cool but i had to work on the edge to get it right. Once the edge was dialed in it delivered one of the top 5-10 shaves ever, worth the work to get it there.

This week looks busy too, with appointments in the office and preparations for the daughter's surprise party this Friday I doubt I'll be posting much. On a side note, I have once again discovered the joy of our wonderful California bureaucracy as illustrate by the insane health insurance exchange. In a nutshell...I have spent 2 hours on hold, 7 hours on the internet site(s) and a dozen hours pulling my hair out ...still have no resolution. I should definitely get a few free plastic bags for all of the work i am doing to unwind the complex mess that has been created by no action of my own.

Great shave with the Genco! Sorry to hear that things are so hectic for you lately Chris. On the bright side, your daughters surprise party should be a great time.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Hopefully things will slow down soon Chris, I can fully understand the hectic stuff though the last month has been brutal on my end also. Good shaves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shave Chris. Sorry to hear about the hassle, and hope it is resolved soon. I've given Lisa's test formula a pretty thorough workout in the last week, and it's a performer for sure.

Sorry to hear about all the stress....
....I should definitely get a few free plastic bags for all of the work i am doing....
But at least you still have a good sense of humor through it all. And the surprise party for your daughter will be great!

If the cologne sample said, "LIDG", that's the L'Instant de Guerlain.

And looking forward to trying out the Genco. Many thanks, Chris!

6785E30E-6A28-4AE5-9727-E3B0AF212F26.jpeg

Fresh delivery...the newest from the Groomatorium “stubble buster” line. Man do these smell great. I think I know what I’ll be using tomorrow.

Those scents sound good. I never heard of that brand.
Stubble Buster is a new line being sold by Groomatorium (Chiseled Face). It is intended to be aa under $10 soap, I paid $29 for all 3 ...shipping and tax included.

Holy Smokes, CBL! Pineapple, Cactus, Sandalwood? Yes please! However, what in the world does cactus smell like?
I have no idea what cactus smells like but the soap smells great. I’ll scoop some out and send it back with your razors.

Terrific stuff, Chris! I am intrigued by the Stubble Buster soaps, not that I need yet another brand in my stable!

Hope the red tape clears up sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom