What's new

CBLindsay's Journey into Mixed Blade Mastery

Apparently repeatedly responding “pollo” when a lady you don’t know keeps hollering “Marco” in a VERY large, multi-level antique store while walking up and down the stairs is frowned upon by the lady looking for husband, her husband...the store security AND my wife. Fortunately the responding Riverside PD Officers thought it was funnier than hell.
My wife seemed to feel better after I explained how, based on the prices of the various vintage shaving items in the display cases, we were actually quite wealthy. I gave her instructions to reach out to the cadre for help and tell y’all to help her get antique store prices. Then I assured her I paid no where near the prices seen today.

Capped off this long eventful day by coming home to a small burst pipe on the roof. I didn’t bother fixing the pipe, I just replaced the shutoff valve so I could turn off the source. Wasn’t hard but of course it’s cold and dark ... and turning off the main was not easy.

Sunday 2/25/18
Straight Shave # 679

Lisa’s natural mystery Sample #1 test #2...
Lathered with the Omega R&B (awesome brush) and shaved with the feather SS. The sample continues to impress, handling the shift to boar and scalpel like it was no big thang but a chicken wang. The shave ended BBS but apparently I got a bleeder along the way. I had no idea until the wife pointed out I had blood on my neck. Gotta watch these feather”s.

Meanwhile...back at the ranch. Today is my youngest sons birthday, he’s 19 now. The wife is holding up,pretty good all things considered but her OCD is definitely covering for something, I almost lost a limb because I tried to sneak a pickle slice she had selected from the jar for our sliders. ...and my son JUST had the same thing happen to him, something is up with those pickles.

Also. I have to give credit where credit is due. I never expect such high quality intra-agency communication as inexperienced today. I was sent to our local grocery store for a few last minute things. Now, you all know my feelings about the California and it’s plastic bag ban. I hate having to bring bags but I dispise having to purchase a bag even more. More recently, one particular courtesy clerk has taken to slipping me a bag on the down low here and there. Today, even though I didn’t need them he placed the couple items I had into two bags. I noticed his criminal act as I was walking out the doors and silently high fived him as I celebrated my score. Then it happened, the tires on my get away cart locked up and the alarms sounded...I froze, not knowing whether I should grab the bags and run or claim ignorance. The store security had, it appeared, been notified by The antique stores security to keep and eye on me. Not knowing what else to do I yelled “Polo”. And just like that my criminal cohort was there, unlocking the wheel. Then he looked up told me to run.

Great read and shave Chris!

Happy Birthday day to your son!

Yeah that's how it starts, yelling "Polo" in antique stores, corrupting bagging clerks, and keep it up and you'll be on the FBI's most wanted list!! Then the next thing you know you'll be drinking beer! Then of course comes:
:302:

Next episode, a low speed chase in golf carts
Possible, but They aren’t due to start patrolling my dads gated community for at least 6 months ...and if I get my hands on one of my brothers ‘carts’ , it ain’t gonna be slow. I’m feeling like a retail ruffian, I gotta up my game.

Since when do criminals drive vehicles as slow as the police? If the cart you're driving wasn't faster than the patrol carts, I'd worry.

Got a little behind in my reading. I keep imagining the trouble we would get into if we all got together on an antique store expedition.

Top Bottom