What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~ January - March 2010

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I need more green coffee like a hole in the head, but....

When do you ever sleep?

I heard that Ike used to drink ten cups a day when he was Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, but you may have him beat.

Time to re-stock some Menghai:

8582 <601> <701> <801> <901>
7542 <601>

Also a bing of 2007 Mengku Mu Ye Chun 002

Scotto is happy.

My new espresso machine arrived yesterday! A Gaggia Evolution, along with a proper tamper and frothing pitcher.

Now, I know what's on your minds...what's the grinder situation at Casa Lynchmeister? I have a *gasp* Baratza Maestro. I know, I know... After dropping almost $100 on that little guy, I think I'll give my wife some time to pick herself up off the floor before I start in on the virtues of the Rocky or Mazzer. :lol:

I'm excited to begin another B&B inspired journey with money I don't have! :lol:

picture.php

I opened up each one, shook out the loose pieces; the bits and pieces weighed out to 6gr. guess what I&#8217;m drinking tonight? Tuocha stew!!

Last edited:

ouch

Time to re-stock some Menghai:

8582 <601> <701> <801> <901>
7542 <601>

Also a bing of 2007 Mengku Mu Ye Chun 002

Scotto is happy.

Now that Hobbes has pronounced that he will no longer purchase young, "tweaked" shengs, such as the myriad Xiaguan offerings, I feared that he might next turn his attention to the Menghai classics. So before he could try to talk me out of buying those (perish the thought) I drew inspiration from Scotto's last order and made a preemptive strike. :tongue_sm

Here are Three of my Six Lever Espresso Machines. The first one is my '80 Conti Prestina (large brown one), the second one is my '91 Olympia Cremina (small brown one), and the third is my La San Marco 70 Series Leva. This one does have a front panel, I just think it looks amazing with the front off the way it is refurbished. I rebuilt and restored all 3.

My other lever machines are a small boiler La San Marco 75 Series Leva, a Carimali Elle, and a '52 2-Group Conti Empress.

I make up for my lack of experience in straight razor shaving with several years of Lever machine rebuilding and obsession :001_smile .

Latest pue “ercheses” from JASeTea.

picture.php

2007 Menghai Tea Factory "7572 Ripe" Pu-erh Tea cake
2009 Mengku "Highest Essence" Raw Pu-erh tea cake
2007 Mengku "Mu Ye Chun 001" Raw Tea Cake of Yongde
2007 Mengku "Mu Ye Chun 002" Raw Tea Cake of Yongde

The 2009 Mengku "Highest Essence" Raw had a surprise…
Per JASeTea: “A large wild arbor leaf has been pressed onto the front as a sort of second "nei fei"
picture.php

I thought this was cool, OK it might be a gimmick or whatever, But I still thought it was cool! I really was not expecting a single leaf to be this big.

ouch

I see another guy couldn't decide between the muyechun 001 and 002. :wink2:

Top Bottom