What's new

Do you like variety in your coffee or tea?

My tastes are not very sophisticated, so I wouldn't normally post here. I pretty much stick with one thing. A cup of Yorkshire gold with milk in the morning, then later a cup of coffee using a particular dark roast blend from a roaster here in town. I use a Hario Skerton hand grinder and a Melitta porcelain cone.

Sometimes a second cup of the same tea in the afternoon. I recently bought a box of Tetley Black & Green at the supermarket. I thought it was pretty good, and I might switch over to that when I use up my Yorkshire.

I thrive on variety with tea drinking. I belong to a club (www.beingtea.com) that sends selections out each month, along with an online video tasting of each of the teas. This has expanded my knowledge of tea in general and specifics for different tea classifications. I suppose you could call this a hobby I enjoy.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Healthy Mocha Ice Coffee…. Thing. :)

IMG_1242.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's not terribly practical for me to get a lot of variety in coffee at home. I do enjoy exploring, but I'm most likely to be exploring 10 lbs. of greens at a time. I can't really roast for my daily whim. If I didn't roast, I suppose I could see about buying small quantites of different beans and go from there, but I currently enjoy roasting too much to do that.

I could buy a bunch of different greens and mix it up on the roasting front, but we only go through about 20#/yr. I also could play around and blend, but I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment.

I don't mix up preparation as much as I used to. I still warm up the French press now and then, but I usually wipe off a light coating of dust when I do. Any other level of variety pretty much comes from whether I have a cappucino or add a little something else to my coffee. Any further variety would have to come from something like a Keurig, and that option has absolutely no appeal for me whatsoever.

Away from home is a whole 'nother story. I love trying different coffees The issue there is being away from home and then finding the variety that I can.

Tea is a whole 'nother story, too. I'll have several different teas in the house at any given time, and I never quite know what I'll have until I start making it. I can buy tea in bulk, and it'll keep well.

With tea I usually stick to my go-to blend of honey, lemon and ginseng green tea thats iced and lightly sweetened. It's been my favorite summer beverage for a long time.

I'm a lot more adventurous with coffee and while I usually stick to dark roast or coffee & chicory blend, I'll experiment with new types and blends every so often. I've always enjoyed them to some capacity, aside from the time I tried Buffalo Trace bourbon flavored coffee, which I flat out didn't like.

Top Bottom