What's new

Brown Leaf September 2021 Acquisitions

IMG_3173.JPG

Received Thursday from SP.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
71E7654C-F112-4BE7-A373-04669E09841E.jpeg

A pair of Falcons from the bay, the rusticated bowl new from SP, as are the samples of C&D Epiphany, Suttlif Revelation Match and GH Bob's Chocolate Flake (some's already jarred).

CA16099E-3492-4E46-BED3-AAFC19686F98.jpeg

Wiley Cherrywood estate from SP.

Last edited:
And . . . I fell for one of 'em: TRADE WIND Tabac by GBD: Never Smoked 80's-90's | Etsy - https://tinyurl.com/pt62zc6r

I don't have a paneled billiard, and it looks like a solid hefty pipe. The seller says it's a vulcanite stem, but in some of the pics it looks rather translucent, as if it might be acrylic. We'll see.
Had trouble for some reason -- Etsy wouldn't process the transaction. I've gotten in touch with the seller. This is the first time in years I've used Etsy, so I don't know if there are often troubles with the platform, with sellers there, or what.

That's a handsome pipe!
A good-sized bowl too -- the listing says it's 2" high. That's bigger than I'm used to! I figure I'd better smoke something mild and cool in it, like Sir Walter or Granger.

The latest USPS info says it might arrive by Friday.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
$150, plus $19.99 shipping from Canada. Bidding opened at $150, and I was the only bidder. It almost restores my faith in ebay tobacciana bargains.

Score! I would have picked it up myself at that price. I need to look at Dunhills.

A good-sized bowl too -- the listing says it's 2" high. That's bigger than I'm used to! I figure I'd better smoke something mild and cool in it, like Sir Walter or Granger.

The latest USPS info says it might arrive by Friday.
And so it did! It does have quite a big bowl as measured against others of my pipes, though I think it's about the same size as my '80s Savinelli billiard. It feels quite solid in hand, though it's not heavy. Some pics:

Trade_Wind_06.jpgTrade_Wind_05.jpg

Trade_Wind_07.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom