What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions -- September 2023

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Do you collect eggs only or eat the birds? I’ve had chickens for the past 6 years. I’ve hatched about 40 chicks so far. Seems the only photo I have on my phone right now is the inside of my coop. Feel free to PM to avoid nonsense in this thread.

View attachment 1723393
At the moment I just collect eggs. I'm also finishing up on building a bigger coop. The one I had was quite small. The one you have is really nice.

It's one of my favorites, especially in a taller, somewhat narrow pipe with a longer shank and stem. After about the first few puffs, from about the first quarter bowl to just after halfway there's a honey sweetness that's quite intoxicating. If you're able to catch this, I think you'll be impressed and possibly desire more. It's a good blend when taken slow.
My "lieutenant's pipe," a long-ish straight Stanwell billiard with a fairly narrow bowl, should be perfect for that!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
It's one of my favorites, especially in a taller, somewhat narrow pipe with a longer shank and stem. After about the first few puffs, from about the first quarter bowl to just after halfway there's a honey sweetness that's quite intoxicating. If you're able to catch this, I think you'll be impressed and possibly desire more. It's a good blend when taken slow.

That's about right. Sip it very gently, and it rewards well for a long time. Sweet, and better than popcorn watching a good movie.

Push it along too hard, and it can earn its reputation as 'Mac Bite'.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My "lieutenant's pipe," a long-ish straight Stanwell billiard with a fairly narrow bowl, should be perfect for that!

Mixture Scottish is one of those blends that really deserves a dedicated pipe. It doesn't have to be an expensive pipe, just one completely untainted by anything else. After a dozen bowls or so, it becomes superlative in a pipe that has become acclimated to its ingredients. A real bargain for what it can deliver, if handled right, and gently.

I picked these up at a little shop today. All the tall, narrow lighter needed was the wick pulled up and trimmed, a new flint and a shot of Girl Scout Water. The short wide lighter looks like it might need a new wick.
IMG_20230930_232504288_HDR.jpg

It's one of my favorites, especially in a taller, somewhat narrow pipe with a longer shank and stem.
Mixture Scottish is one of those blends that really deserves a dedicated pipe.
Thanks for the tips! I tried Mixture for the first time (that I can remember) about a week ago and didn't get much out of it. Tried it again today in my unsmoked Bing's Favorite, and it was massively improved. This might be my Mixture pipe from now on. 👍

The Mixture Scottish and the Romeo y Julieta cigarillos arrived just now . . . and . . . I'm not sure about them. The MS has an odd "perfumed" sort of aroma. The cigarillos smell . . . not pleasant. Do I need to let them breathe or something? Take one out of the tin and let it air out for a while before lighting?

Top Bottom