What's new

Brown Leaf Pipe Club?

Just trying to gauge interest here...

I always enjoy the annual L.E. herfs (even though I mostly missed it this year), and wonder if anyone else would be interested in maybe getting together for a Zoom herf a little more often, like the ones @Hirsute hosted for us a couple years ago. Kind of an online pipe club meeting for the Brown Leaf, maybe once a month?

If there is enough interest, I would be happy to set up an account to host.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
1000000859.gif

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
One other thought to consider with this fine idea.

This community appears not just national, but international, in scope. We have members here from the US west coast, from continental Europe, and from everywhere in between (and maybe elsewhere).

An evening get together at 7 pm in the Eastern US is still working hours on the west coast, and after midnight across the pond. I could never envision myself joining in on a Internet puff-fest at 1 or 2:00 am in the morning (especially if I had to go to work later that morning).

Either the scheduled times for such events may want to contemplate that wide range of time zones, or perhaps they should be broken down into geographic regions with separate events. Anyone can join in on any particular region meeting however they like. But offering multiple regional events offers a little more scheduling convenience to those at the time zone fringes.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Seems like in the past there have been 2-3 different time options to let as many people participate as possible.

My goal is simply to be able to have a smoke with you fellas. Obviously I'm going to plan for times that are convenient for me, but if there is enough interest from other areas of the globe I'd be happy to move it around or offer other options. I'm thinking something like mid-afternoon here (EST) one Saturday a month. That should be within reach of just about everyone on here (maybe not the Aussies, but not too many of you fellas hang out in the Leaf).

Also, nothing stopping anyone else with a Zoom pro account from doing the same thing. Maybe we can use this thread to post details for upcoming herfs.

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I'm thinking something like mid-afternoon here (EST) one Saturday a month. That should be within reach of just about everyone on here (maybe not the Aussies, but not too many of you fellas hang out in the Leaf).

I have it on good information that there are pipe smokers from North Korea -- who as you can see are very frequent SP customers from BL's In stock tobacco thread -- that expressed interest.

Unfortunately, their 3 minutes of monthly Internet access will not be scheduled during that time.

I think the rest of the world looks pretty good with that thoughtful time selection.

Medals.jpg

I'd be interested, but won't commit to a specific time...more like pop in if I can.

So, what if we do this then decide we don't like each other? Do we show up out of spite?

Last edited:

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I set up the herf for next Saturday (21 October), 3pm Eastern. Set this first one for a 3 hour duration, we'll see how it goes and adjust accordingly. Join in any time during the event.

Join Zoom Meeting

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting - https://us06web.zoom.us/j/7073876698?pwd=jlX3CaOZh0XzRuEbd40RuwI5AgiINC.1

Meeting ID: 707 387 6698

Passcode: v509NS

---
I’ll do my best to join this meeting. Can’t promise anything at the moment. If for nothing else, I’ll join briefly to say hi.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Dude, I'd love to but I'm on satellite internet and don't have the speed or data allowance to do any video meet and greets.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I set up the herf for next Saturday (21 October), 3pm Eastern. Set this first one for a 3 hour duration, we'll see how it goes and adjust accordingly. Join in any time during the event.

Join Zoom Meeting

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting - https://us06web.zoom.us/j/7073876698?pwd=jlX3CaOZh0XzRuEbd40RuwI5AgiINC.1

Aaaaaaand my wife just informed me
Meeting ID: 707 387 6698

Passcode: v509NS

---

Aaaand Mrs. Dude has just informed me that "we" are attending a college open house with my youngest on the 21st. Looks like I'm going to have to reschedule for the 28th.

Sheesh. Sorry gents.

Top Bottom