What's new

Blades you like that doesn't get much love

Parker Premium Platinum

I did a thread search first to make sure no one else mentioned them so here it is, case in point. They come in boring packaging and understated colors, an equally boring name but they sure do give me a nice comfortable sharp shave for at least five uses. And they are not expensive.
Hmm never tried them. Maybe i need to get some.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
After shaving with Astra SP for years I picked up some Dorco Primes just to see. I'm one blade in so far -- "take one down, shave it around, 99 Dorco Primes on the shelf..." -- and it felt pretty much like an Astra SP. I'll keep an eye on things as it felt like it tailed off quicker than an Astra (5 shaves instead of 6).

O.H.

full

full
I'd use the Minora Platinum's if they were available in the US for a reasonable cost - smoothest blade I've found yet.

Decided to try the Dorco Titan on my Gamechanger .84 for three consecutive shaves. I was definitely impressed.
Fairly sharp and definitely smooth. Sharper than an Astra SP and maybe a notch less smooth. For my beard, the key factors are:
1. How does the blade perform on day 1 and day 3. All days were consistent.
2. How does the blade do against the grain. It performed very well here.

If I had to score it, I would put it at maybe a 7 out if 10. I will definitely give this blade a place on my lineup.

I've found the Dorco Titan to be a very forgiving blade in razors that can be very unforgiving. But not only that, it has great longevity. I've been able to get six to 10 shaves out of a blade. Furthermore it doesn't have any glue spots on the blade. :) If I had to shave with Dorco Titans for the rest of my life, I would be perfectly content.

@Jay21 Dorco Titan :thumbsup:
I am one blade, three shaves in but very similar experience.

Decided to try the Dorco Titan on my Gamechanger .84 for three consecutive shaves. I was definitely impressed.
Fairly sharp and definitely smooth. Sharper than an Astra SP and maybe a notch less smooth. For my beard, the key factors are:
1. How does the blade perform on day 1 and day 3. All days were consistent.
2. How does the blade do against the grain. It performed very well here.

If I had to score it, I would put it at maybe a 7 out if 10. I will definitely give this blade a place on my lineup.
I have some dorco titan blades on my Great Blade Exchange trade. I can't wait to try them out:biggrin1:

Just tried the Big Ben made by Lord last night and it was an awesome shave. Smooth and close. I used my RR GC .68P. I have a question. Is all Lord's "Super Stainless" blades the same? Does anyone know? The ones I've tried before is Shark SS, Cool SS and now the Big Ben. I have not tried the Lord SS yet though. They certainly seem similar in feel, but at the same time not.

Just tried the Big Ben made by Lord last night and it was an awesome shave. Smooth and close. I used my RR GC .68P. I have a question. Is all Lord's "Super Stainless" blades the same? Does anyone know? The ones I've tried before is Shark SS, Cool SS and now the Big Ben. I have not tried the Lord SS yet though. They certainly seem similar in feel, but at the same time not.
To me the The Big Ben, Cool SS, Racer SS and Asco SS feel the same. The Lord SS and Shark SS are not as smooth or sharp for me though.

Just finished a run with Rapira Platinum Lux. I would say it is a decent blade for about 5 shaves for me. I stretched it to 7 shaves, but that was probably a bit too much. Shaves started to get a bit rougher and it was clearly getting duller. Still the Rapira Platinum Lux is a respectable blade.

I can't answer your question but I do really like Lord's Shark Super Stainless blades. They're in my regular rotation along with Derby Extras, Perma-Sharps and Astra SP's. Really underrated, IMHO.

I can't answer your question but I do really like Lord's Shark Super Stainless blades. They're in my regular rotation along with Derby Extras, Perma-Sharps and Astra SP's. Really underrated, IMHO.
I ran through the Shark SS early in my shaving journey and I had an ok run, but I bet that if I tried now I probably would like them even better. I just started a run on the ASCO orange made by Lord as well and after 2 shaves it has been great. I'm trying for 7 shaves to get a solid test of it.

Top Bottom