What's new

Blades you like that doesn't get much love

7 is the magic number...
It sure is
Magic Rabbit GIF by Sam Jones

Vi-John Super Platinum blades.
They have performed well for me. Italian Barber is the only place I've seen them sold, and their usual price is $7.99/100.

I just looked them up. They seem to get decent reviews. People have compared them to Voskhod, Treet Platinum and Astra SP. They're a tad cheaper than my chosen Treet Platinum (also manufactured in India) and Derby Premium. And the guy on the picture looks like India's answer to Eric Estrada

I just looked them up. They seem to get decent reviews. People have compared them to Voskhod, Treet Platinum and Astra SP. They're a tad cheaper than my chosen Treet Platinum (also manufactured in India) and Derby Premium. And the guy on the picture looks like India's answer to Eric Estrada
I just picked up a pack of 200 Treet Platinums for $11.00 a week or so ago and I went back to A*son just now to see if the price was the same. They have them for $9.99 for 200! This could only mean one thing......trouble
Steve Carell Wow GIF by filmeditor

I just picked up a pack of 200 Treet Platinums for $11.00 a week or so ago and I went back to A*son just now to see if the price was the same. They have them for $9.99 for 200! This could only mean one thing......trouble
Steve Carell Wow GIF by filmeditor

Still the same price for me here in Canada. I picked up 200 for $26.49 back then and it hasn't changed any. I get 2-3 solid shaves out of a blade so I'm set for a bit. I've also found the Derby Premium to give similar results and have 100 of them as well.

since Jan been testing over 50 blades to find my true fav but so far the Treet Dura Sharp has beaten out my old #1 Nacet
still have about 6 blades to compare
I have used the treet platinum and have a bunch so looking forward to seeing how they do against the Dura Sharps ? The other treet I like are the falcon

but will post back in a few weeks when done with my top 3 :) that I decided to keep for my Timeless Ti and reckon if I get another woflman or tatara going to have to find the best blade for those as each razor seems to like certain blades more than other razors :)

ASCO SS orange by Lord
I have been using this blade for the last week and it has performed flawlessly. Very smooth and easy shaving. This is a very enjoyable blade and one that I could use for the rest of my life. I did try it with a couple of different razors. For the first 4 days I used the RR GC .68-P, for the 5th I used RR GC .84-P and for shaves 6-7 I used the RR SLOC. This blade is worth while a try and at least for me it works very well. It shaves very similar to the Big Ben SS. Both are made by Lord so that should not be a huge surprise.

I generally like Lord blades, especially the Platinum. Also, lately I've been shaving with Dorco blades more and more, especially the ST300.
Curious if you had tried both of these that say Platinum ? And if you found one shaved better or ?

The ones with the small class on the label have dif markings on the blade also

for me the one with the class under the platinum is much better for my face by quite a bit !

not sure what the true story is behind these differences ? But even when shopping both are available
img_6765-jpeg.1585947

I still have those Lord Platinums to test. what I am afraid of is that I will like them as well and buy more blades. I do like myself some Dorco ST300 as well. They do well for me.
:thumbup1:
Am curious which ones you have and what you find if you have one or the other or both :)

Curious if you had tried both of these that say Platinum ? And if you found one shaved better or ?
I have not used the Platinum Class ones. I buy my blades from the Razorbladesclub site and they don't have those in stock.
As for the markings, many other Lord blades have that marking like the left one does, for example Big Ben, Crown, ASCOs and Rainbow, so I don't know is there any significance in that. I'm generally confused by Lord branding hahahahh, I have my own theories but I think no one knows for sure.
I still have those Lord Platinums to test. what I am afraid of is that I will like them as well and buy more blades. I do like myself some Dorco ST300 as well. They do well for me. :thumbup1:
Well, a 100 pack of Lord Platinums is 9.99$ so it won't hurt your wallet anyway :)

I have not used the Platinum Class ones. I buy my blades from the Razorbladesclub site and they don't have those in stock.
As for the markings, many other Lord blades have that marking like the left one does, for example Big Ben, Crown, ASCOs and Rainbow, so I don't know is there any significance in that. I'm generally confused by Lord branding hahahahh, I have my own theories but I think no one knows for sure.
Hahahahaah you are not alone in being confused :)it is funny to me that only the small class is really the difference outside yet the blade inside than says stainless ? and not marked platinum
and again shaves so much different for me :) hahahahaha

also Persona labels packages seem to be hard to follow :)

for me the one with the class under the platinum is much better for my face by quite a bit !

not sure what the true story is behind these differences ? But even when shopping both are available
img_6765-jpeg.1585947

Am curious which ones you have and what you find if you have one or the other or both :)
I think I have the non "Class" ones.

Van Der Hagen's "Ice Tempered" Stainless Steel blade.

I did the last One-Blade Challenge last February riding a single VDH blade for the entire month and beyond a few shaves. I was impressed. Not every blade can go 30 shaves. Heck, most faces can't do 30 shaves with one blade. But I suspect it perform fine for one-and-done or 7-shave guy. The blade itself.

Cost has given the VDH the stink eye. And being available in a grocery store.
PXL_20230604_192344424.jpg

P.S. Just noticed that "Ice Tempered" is no longer on the packaging. Different blade? Super Stainless vs Ice Tempered Stainless. Hmmm. They are trying to be like Personna and confuse us shavers.

Last edited:
Van Der Hagen's "Ice Tempered" Stainless Steel blade.

I did the last One-Blade Challenge last February riding a single VDH blade for the entire month and beyond a few shaves. I was impressed. Not every blade can go 30 shaves. Heck, most faces can't do 30 shaves with one blade. But I suspect it perform fine for one-and-done or 7-shave guy. The blade itself.

Cost has given the VDH the stink eye. And being available in a grocery store.View attachment 1667064

P.S. Just noticed that "Ice Tempered" is no longer on the packaging. Different blade? Super Stainless vs Ice Tempered Stainless. Hmmm. They are trying to be like Personna and confuse us shavers.
Does anyone know who makes the blades for VDH? BTW I saw that Food Lion had the VDH razor on sale as well this morning.

img_6765-jpeg.1585947

Just received a Lord L6 razor to try out for my travel razor and it came with one Lord Platinum Class blade. :thumbup: I started using it this morning and after the first shave it is very nice. Smooth and plenty sharp for me. I will try the regular Lord Platinum later since I got a tuck of them in my sample pack.

Top Bottom