Very, very nice shave...
Lovin' my 🎯 🤩

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230824
Blackland Thursday
20230823_175314~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (6)
Brush: Wald A1 Nimbus Bloodline Synthetic Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Fragrance: Classic Match Eternity

Superb razor! :cool:

Shave notes are in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12368371

Copied from the Brotherhood thread:

Recently picked up a TI Blackbird in satin finish from BST. Only my second shave in so far and really enjoying it. Its also my first full Titanium razor.

For my preferences in a razor, this TI BB had many things going AGAINST it:
I dont like shallow shavers.
I like long handles.
I like heavy razors.

Reading so many positives reviews and very high recommendation from @Latherati made me disregard my preferences and take the plunge. I am so glad that I did. It provides the closest shave yet vs all my other razors (especially under my chin/neck area). I also love the audio feedback. This audio feedback makes it easier to buff certain areas to make my skin feel like glass yet somehow still avoid irritation. The “hype” around this razor is real!

Just as an FYI - I have only been wetshaving for almost a year but these are some of the other razors I have owned or previously owned/tried:
ATT - R1
Razorock Mamba .70
Gamechanger .84 and JAWS 84
Razorock SLOC
Lupo .72 and .95 (these were my previous favorites with the ATT-R1 coming in a close second).
IMG_4705.jpeg

Thursday's shave -

Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Nacet (3)
Pre-shave: Shave Secret
Lather: Palmolive cream (red tube)
Aftershave: Razor Emporium "Barbershop" balm

A lot of my stubble grows nearly flat, and the blade exposure of the Blackbird lets me shave those "trouble spots" with minimal effort in only two passes. Less "blade to face" time is particularly important on my neck, where I am the most prone to irritation. Good efficiency + no irritation = win.

Getting over the flu shave.

3 day beard
PAA cube (seems kind of useless but I bought it so might as well use it)
Jack Black beard lube
VanYulay cola
Blackbird light ti
I was too lazy to see what blade was in the razor, so unknown number of uses.
Rigarazor 2nd pass
Crystal alum
Mr pepper after shave
Island man balm

What ever blade was in the blackland blackbird, gave a very smooth and efficient shave. Mowed down the 3day whiskers with no effort at all. I would have been happy with the single pass.

Top Bottom