What's new

Blackland Thursday!

20210622_100307-01.jpeg

I love my Blackland razors - all of them. In tradition of Timeless Tuesday and Wolfman Wednesday, I'm going to dedicate my upcoming Thursday shaves to Blackland and their amazing razors.

Pls join in and get this thing started 😀
Since today is:

Blackland Thursday!

PS: everyone loves SOTD pictures 😉

So... Let's get it started. Lift off with the Blackbird.

20220629_162206-01-01.jpeg

I had a brilliant shave with the the SS B'Bird and Feather blade on second use this morning. This combo is a treat. Basically, I'm not a huge fan of the Feather blade, but whenever I match her with the Blackbird it is a combo made in heaven. If you haven't tried it, go for it. You can thank me later... 😉

Two stellar passes made my face feel velvety smooth. No nicks, no irritation, no fuss.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Blackbird SS
Personna labo Blue
RR Chubby Extra Silvertip Badger
WSP Formula-T

Elegant shaving time
Double-edged razor doesn't need anything else with blackbird
I do want a brass one though: !!!!
97EA9AD0-CA6A-491D-82D9-3422F2B2414D.jpeg

By the way, can we put vector and Sabre on it?
I was going to use vector first today.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I did Blackland Thursday on Wednesday this week. ;) :)

Blackland Thursday (on a Wednesday)
20220628_223314~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (6)
Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Geo. F. Trumper's Extract of Limes
Aftershave: Gabel's Lime
Fragrance: Classic Match Volatile EdT Spray
20220628_223356~2.jpg

A superb, top tier shave in all respects! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11826507

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I wonder what percentage of the members here own a Blackland product. I sure see a lot of Blackbirds, Vectors and lately, a lot of Tradere-s, here on B&B.

Other than the Henson crowd, Blackland has to be among the most popular. Of course, I don't want to discount the vintage stuff either... lots of Gillette razors and other assorted vintage gear.

That would be an interesting poll.... but hard to manage, at least for me.

I wonder what percentage of the members here own a Blackland product. I sure see a lot of Blackbirds, Vectors and lately, a lot of Tradere-s, here on B&B.

Other than the Henson crowd, Blackland has to be among the most popular. Of course, I don't want to discount the vintage stuff either... lots of Gillette razors and other assorted vintage gear.

That would be an interesting poll.... but hard to manage, at least for me.
Everyone is different but for me nothing comes close to a Blackbird except another Blackbird. I also have a Blackland Tradere SB which is a beautiful razor to look at and a fine shaver but it would be sold if I could find the initiative to list it.

I have not fallen into the AC and Gem rabbit holes so I think I’m probably done.

What makes Blackland special is the access to Shane for honest answers, the customer service and the generous return policy making a test drive a low risk proposition. For everyone else’s sake, I wish the general supply chain issues could be solved and any razor from any manufacturer readily available without a waiting list or having to wait on a drop.

Top Bottom